Houseboats for hire in Thailand?

Kenny202

3 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

How do you know he wants off the grid?  Maybe he just wants to rent for a holiday or vacation?  Spending time on a houseboat is quite common in some areas of the world that have lakes and such.   They are not built for speed but can be quite fun to be on

Yeah, sure! That´s my first thought every single morning, and I wake up saying: Honey, we didn´t we buy a house boat?

Especially, when you suddenly want something. Standing there asking yourself, why in the world you are in the middle of the sea/ocean and missing 7-11. ????

Edited by Matzzon
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 3

6 hours ago, Kenny202 said:

What a ridiculous ignorant miserable point scoring reply. We're looking to hire a houseboat for a holiday. Is that ok with you?

But of course, everyone to his/her own. Just thought you got inflenced by the seasteading half polish american, and wanted to do it the budget way.

Edited by Matzzon
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Guderian said:

And what do you do when your houseboat sails from one province into another, do you have to moor it at the nearest Immigration Police office and complete a TM30?

Was only a matter of time ????????????????

Thanks all for the replies. Was really looking for a traditional style houseboat maybe on a lake or dam but probably non existant here. Maybe a good business opportunity for someone ????

• Like 2

Might try this sight I’ve not used only found it on the Internet when I was looking to get off the grid.. <deleted>

anyway hope it helps https://www.bookahouseboat.com/rentals/thailand

thos one sounds interesting 

https://reisen-thailand-bericht.de/en/thailand-houseboats/

My son said they have overnight sleeper type of boats down the Mekong?? That was 4 years ago.. 

Enjoy your holiday..

48B69960-559C-44C9-A05B-38B4CCD0663E.jpeg

cant beat them, hired houseboats in Australia as well as self drive/sail yachts, best holidays you can have. They do have self drive/sail yachts here but pricing & requirements are way over the top, havent looked at house baits yet

Edited by seajae
  • Like 1

On 10/3/2019 at 3:50 PM, Matzzon said:

Another one that wants off the grid. The next question will be, were it´s possible to find solar cell panels.

Why the drama? I lived on a houseboat in Kashmir. I certainly was not off the grid. It was just an alternative kind of hotel. I have friends who live in houseboats in the UK but they are not off the grid in anyway or form. They pay mooring fees, electricity , have ISPs and other bills  and are on the census etc. Why should a houseboat be off the grid? It doesnt make sense.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Kenny202 said:

Was only a matter of time ????????????????

Thanks all for the replies. Was really looking for a traditional style houseboat maybe on a lake or dam but probably non existant here. Maybe a good business opportunity for someone ????

In bangkok on the Chao Phyra river there are house boats and also around Phuket. One issue is moving or static?

5 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

Why the drama?

Oh dear! Not again sunnyboy2018. What drama? Google what that means before using the word. What I did was posting a comment. There is no drama in that one, unless you choose to create one.

Edited by Matzzon

7 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

In bangkok on the Chao Phyra river there are house boats and also around Phuket. One issue is moving or static?

Definitely a mobile type houseboat. Thats half the fun. One moored up against the mangroves might be a few too many biteys. Safety would be a concern too. I see some look like they're basically floating on 44 gallon drums. Not a good feeling waking up in the middle of the night water lapping around your bed. Had a similar situation in Australia where the waste tank was broken and taking water. Lucky we were anchored up in only about 2' of water. It sank on one side but luckily bottomed out on the sand. Woke up in the morning on a 30 degree angle ????????

On 10/4/2019 at 5:23 AM, Matzzon said:

But of course, everyone to his/her own. Just thought you got inflenced by the seasteading half polish american, and wanted to do it the budget way.

And maybe you're just a word starting with c. 

He asked an innocent, legit question. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, lordblackader said:

And maybe you're just a word starting with c. 

He asked an innocent, legit question. 

Oh, you must mean Carlton, right?

But, nevermind. It´s not easy with ABC, for a person that clearly forgot one d. ????????????

Edited by Matzzon