Tourism Ministry, TAT hope to attract more Chinese tourists next month

rooster59

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Tourism Ministry, TAT hope to attract more Chinese tourists next month

... TAT  and it's famous non sense estimates/marketing strategies.... the only way they would attract more Chinese (quality) tourists would be a partnership with 7-11 and offer free noddles promotion, buy 2 get 1 free

3 minutes ago, KKr said:

Tour operators usually book about 9 months or a year ahead. 

the don't book rather they make reservations in hopes of selling their tours and many times it back fires and they cancel 1-2 months prior to the dates, my ex worked in the hotel business and she explained that many times, last minute cancellations from tour operators can be costly to the hotels, sometimes operators try to negotiate the last minute reservations cancellations by requesting 50% price drop from hotels, it's a jungle out there, look at what happen with Thomas Cook

Are Chinese tourists special in that they only decide to take a holiday a few weeks before they leave for it? Or are they like the rest of humanity and typically book months before? If the latter, then the hopes of producing a rapid boost to tourist numbers are, to put it mildly, misguided.

6 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Is that a photo of the minister attempting to 'lure' tourists to Thailand?

It looks more like he's ready to strangle the tourists with that hand gesture.

The immigration dpt is more for all farangs out rather than bad guys out good guys in, so why dont those 2 dpts work hands into hands to welcome foreigners and let them spend for the benefit at the end of the country & Thai people? 

5 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

What happened to the prophecy that Chinese tourists would be rushing to Thailand during the Golden Week (October 1 to 7), i.e. THIS month?

There was no evidence of the 10’s of thousands of extra Chinese tourists who we’re projected in Chiang Mai this week. In fact, Thursday was one of the quietest days on the roads I have seen since I arrived here. No sign of roaming groups either in or out of the old city. It was wonderfully peaceful, with easy parking as an added bonus. How do these guys always  get it so wrong??

5 hours ago, AussieBob18 said:

Try visiting the Palace - unbelieveable. I had to resort to holding a drink in front of me and barging through them so the wife and I could walk anywhere (she had to walk behind me).  They are like a plaque of ants - they go in all directions at once and they dont care who/what is in their way. 

What you need is a fold up sign in Chinese you can whip out when you want to make a path 'FREE SEA FOOD BUFFET OVER THERE"

5 hours ago, rooster59 said:

“The Mazu goddess culture is older than 1,000 years,” explained the minister. “This project will also serve as a cultural link to China’s One Belt One Road global strategy.”

strikes me as a strange thing to say
i cannot see any form of tourism that is in line with the OBR strategy.

5 hours ago, Toadie said:

They really need to address Chinese manners, or lack of, at some point.

The overall quality of Chinese coming to Thailand is appalling.

People avoid them. Shun them. If you see a group you turn away.

Not good for local businesses. Just ask a few

Go to China - It is just the same horrible race

7 hours ago, rooster59 said:

“TAT officials have coordinated with managers of Meizhou Mazu temple in Fujian province, China, to bring the Mazu goddess statue, or the Ruby goddess, to Thailand during the period of November 14-19 to promote relations between the two countries and increase the number of Chinese tourists

So it seems, for some unfathomable reasons, the Chinese would flock to and visit the statue while it is in Thailand, and not when it is back at home - in China???

To be honest, I can see where TAT is going with this, but please, consider hiring proper PR and communications professionals and agencies to help you with messaging and positioning, so you guys stop making yourselves look so stupid?

7 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The Tourism and Sports Ministry and the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) discussed how to stimulate tourism in the last quarter of 2019, aiming to draw more Chinese tourists to Thailand in accordance with Minister Pipat Ratchakitprakan’s policies.

Desperation is setting in... the do anything try all gimmicks to "lure" tourists to Thailand....

a repulsive word which is repugnant, as if meaning lets throw some bait over-board to catch some prey !

TAT have idiot, more chinese more big problem alltime, chinese can only destroy all were him come. has seen many country if chinese come criminal up lot and chinese thief all normal good busines and make scam busines all, only idiot give chinese go in own country.

6 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

What happened to the prophecy that Chinese tourists would be rushing to Thailand during the Golden Week (October 1 to 7), i.e. THIS month?

It should be wall to wall Chinese right now but here in Chiang Mai there might be a 10% increase at best. Maybe less.

6 hours ago, ezzra said:

Several destination in Europe who have been relentlessly have been overrun by millions of visitors are now banning or making visiting tourists life more difficult due to the huge wear and tear on the environment and quality of live for the locals, not so in Thailand, 40 millions tourists? yes please, 50 millions? sure come on in, we need the money and da hell with the locals feelings and the environments...

Thailand should have no issue attracting more and more tourists as once again, it ranks #1 least miserable country on planet Earth. Hate on Thailand all you want, it’s extremely difficult to rank #1 in the world. Facts are facts. Thailand is an amazing country and the happiest country on Earth according to many.
https://www.visualcapitalist.com/the-most-miserable-countries-in-the-world/

7 hours ago, AussieBob18 said:

The 'problem' with Thailand tourism is that there are too many Chinese tourists who dont spend money in Thailand - they pay packaged tours back in China and they mainly go to Chinese owned hotels, restaurants, and venues.  So the TAT solution is to try and bring in more Chinese toursists ??  ????????????

What do you reckon - TAT has their bonus payments linked to the number of tourists who enter Thailand?  Only the Thai Government could take something so good and completely stuff it up in less than 10 years.

Same same Australia, Chinese don't spend money that stays in country. Coax more westerners who actually spend money would be better, but TIT not thinking upstairs, just more BS from Tourism minister.

If TAT can attract more than 5 million of these quality Chinese tourists evry month, they might be onto a winner.  I'm positive these high spending tourists would contribute almost as much as the expats to the Thai economy.

6 hours ago, Toadie said:

They really need to address Chinese manners, or lack of, at some point.

The overall quality of Chinese coming to Thailand is appalling.

People avoid them. Shun them. If you see a group you turn away.

Not good for local businesses. Just ask a few

Well when they get a taste of freedom, I guess any manners they had leaves them. Why are the Thais trying to attract them ?? They have a lot in common, stingy, rude and they look similar and food similar. I guess they have had enough of Indians, Anglo's, Ruskies and Africans. Eventually when the Chinese find a cheaper destination they will do the disappearing act.

Providing free muzzles might be a good idea, at the airport yesterday never heard such a racket from a couple of Chinese groups everyone looking round at them shouting, screeching and waving their arms about. Sounded like a big argument but no just normal 'conversation' horrendous and feel for those in condo blocks where these crowds end up in. Mrs went to China this year but hated it, never again, she said they were rude noisy and dirty, already knowing this I refused to go. She went with Chinese neighbors-they have not spoken since!

2 hours ago, Oxx said:

Are Chinese tourists special in that they only decide to take a holiday a few weeks before they leave for it? Or are they like the rest of humanity and typically book months before? If the latter, then the hopes of producing a rapid boost to tourist numbers are, to put it mildly, misguided.

hahaha!  decide a few weeks before?  try a few days...if not hours.

the official national day celebration is october 1-3, but many organizations will close for 5-7 days.  in order to get those consecutive days off, employees have to make up the work days on the preceding and following weekends.

management will often announce the holiday schedule the day before the first make up day.  not conducive to long-term planning.

Archived