A Chromecast is good value or not?

giddyup

17 hours ago, dddave said:

Sorry to stray OT.  I had a Roku stick, couldn't figure out how to use it through my VPN, gave up and went another direction.

I gave it to a friend last week and deleted my account but he is having great difficulty setting up his own account, keeps defaulting to my email address.  Any suggestions?   Also, how do you have your Roku set up to work in Thailand?   I'm not technically very savvy and couldn't do it.

vpn is on router, same country as original roku setup or it wont work.

On 10/7/2019 at 6:27 AM, giddyup said:

You can do that with the Dot. I have mine connected to my Hi Fi with leads, but if you have a bluetooth stereo you don't need them. You can also ask Alexa any question, like what's the time in San Francisco, how many feet in a mile, who sang The Long and Winding Road, etc,etc, you get the picture.

The chromecast audio also connects to the hifi system but somehow it ruined my hifi set in 2 years time.

The dot also isn't a high power amplifier to which i can connect my speakers.

I searched a bit and think i need a Sonos system.....but those are not cheap and sure not in thailand i guess....will have a look in the mall soon.

Edited by fruitman

2 minutes ago, fruitman said:

The chromecast audio also connects to the hifi system but somehow it ruined my hifi set in 2 years time.

The dot also isn't a high power amplifier to which i can connect my speakers.

I searched a bit and think i need a Sonos system.....but those are not cheap and sure not in thailand i guess....will have a look in the mall soon.

The Dot plays through an existing amp.