Phase 1 of Beach Road construction 15-20% complete

Rimmer

Phase 1 of Beach Road construction 15-20% complete

p2-N-Oct-03-04-Sontaya.jpg

PATTAYA:--Officials have announced phase 1 of the construction on the flood system along Pattaya Beach Road is now 15-20% complete and predict a section of the thoroughfare around Soi 13/3 and Soi 13 will be open within two weeks.

However, the southern section of the project is currently on hold due to the 20,000 volt high voltage electric cabinet near the entrance of Walking Street. With the area being a community zone with high vehicle and foot traffic, the Provincial Electric Authority will be required to move the cabinet before construction can resume.

Construction is still scheduled to be completed in February.

Read more: https://www.pattayamail.com/featured/phase-1-of-beach-road-construction-15-20-complete-266091

-- PATTAYA MAIL 2019-10-06--

12 hours ago, Rimmer said:

Phase 1

10 years still not 2nd base, anyone wonder why nothing ever gets finished here, if there is a budget for something 30% gets lost 

Independent financial audit, just having a joke - lol

12 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Looking forward to the re-construction  next year.

Exactly, this job might well be 15-20% completed but what of the next one? Prior to this, it was the Beach Reclamation, prior to that extending the width to one more lane (waste of time and money). We can look forward to the next project. When there isn't work going on it is often closed off anyhow for events.

22 hours ago, Rimmer said:

However, the southern section of the project is currently on hold due to the 20,000 volt high voltage electric cabinet

Glad they hi-lighted the bit about H V and electric .. wouldn't want folk confusing it with the gas .. 

16 hours ago, fforest1 said:

I say 10% completed MAYBE.... 

Phase 1. How many phases are there?  Could you post the photos from the PA forum so some can see what the high season visitors will have to put up with. And I still don't understand this horizontal project at all: Where is the water collected in this system supposed to go? That is before these pipes are packed with sand.

1 hour ago, newnative said:

Working at a snail's pace, no traffic management, and not a cop in sight as always.

The traffic cops like to sit in their air conditioned booths watching TV at busy intersections. Maybe push a button to change the lights if they here lots honking. It's too hot to be on beach road during daylight. Usually, the traffic moves even slower, when a cop is directing it.

1 hour ago, Banana7 said:

The traffic cops like to sit in their air conditioned booths watching TV at busy intersections. Maybe push a button to change the lights if they here lots honking. It's too hot to be on beach road during daylight. Usually, the traffic moves even slower, when a cop is directing it.

Yes, we DO NOT want them directing traffic, god forbid!  I was thinking more along the lines of shooing away double parkers or illegal parkers blocking the restricted traffic lanes.

5 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

Good to see progress being made despite  the naysayers

I guess your not familiar with the dozens of utterly failed projects in the last 20 years......Hell the new beach is about the only half way successful project I can even think of... 

Archived