Sunday and Monday Drivers

Pilotman

4 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

I don't know what the relevance of English driving habits might have here...

Oh, maybe you mean it happens here too? 

Or everywhere else in the world? 

I'm not in England, I didn't say anything about that place?  

Edited by Pilotman
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

Yes, I know, but I just was letting you know how easy it would be to misinterpret as "Sunday Drivers" are pretty much a worldwide phenomenon... but you enjoy getting worked up about Thai people things every once in a while... 

As you can see from other posters, Sunday drivers are not a particular to Thailand phenomenon... 

I wasn't reporting on anywhere else.  It's a Thai forum, I was not unsurprisingly, remarking about Thailand.  

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

Anyone else notice a difference in 'driving standards' on those two days? 

Out here in the sticks outside Udon the weekends do seem to bring out the more inconsiderate drivers, they crawl along endangering lives in their local areas all week, then weekends they venture out, mentally unprepared as they are to further endanger mankind. They are unable to give any consideration for fellow road users as first of all it is not in the Thai psyche to give any consideration to others & off course they should never be driving in the first place as they lack any skills or common sense to safely do so.

The primary objective of their journeys is to enjoy the AC, talk with their passengers and finally attempt to keep the vehicle between the white lines, totally unaware & uncaring if they are obstructing the flow of traffic, always driving in the outside lane of course!

I try avoid driving at weekends!

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, cyril sneer said:

it's a definite thing on a Sunday, no question

i'd always assumed for most of them this is their party/drinking day

Sundays I refuse to use the bike, car only, as they drive like utter lunatics

they drive like it SEVEN DAYS not just Sundays !!!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

1. I can see 4 wheels.

2. They are driving on the right so not UK.

Nice try but no cigar.

they do not DRIVE on the right in this country....ARE YOU BLIND......IN Uk we drive on the LEFT.....

Edited by essox essox
after thought
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 2

50 minutes ago, cyril sneer said:

it's a definite thing on a Sunday, no question

i'd always assumed for most of them this is their party/drinking day

Sundays I refuse to use the bike, car only, as they drive like utter lunatics

much safer in car/truck....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pilotman said:

This happened yesterday and again this morning.  Sunday, all the really really bad drivers take to the road, driving along at 10 mph and afraid to turn corners, or pull out, or turn left at red lights, where it is permitted and clogging up the roads to the 'attractions'.  Monday, all the lunatics who spent Sunday drunk at home, get back on the road, still half cut, drive too fast, still can't turn corners, pull out on approaching traffic and weave all over the road.  It is noticeable and happens every week.  By Tuesday, they are all back to their normal idiot brain dead selves. Anyone else notice a difference in 'driving standards' on those two days? 

Good to see that your bizarre observations at least are of "drivers" and that you're not blaming the situation (that you seem to be almost the one who can see) only on Thais as would be normal practice here.  

You have to bear in mind that not every driver is as perfect, accomplished and as fault-free as you seem to assume you are by putting yourself in the position of judging every other driver.  We should be grateful that you are there to police us all, I suppose.

Edited by Just Weird
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Your tirade didn't garner as many likes as you hoped.

The term "Sunday drivers" has been bandied around for as long as I can remember.

You haven't discovered a new phenomenon, as for the drunk driving theory, I 

suppose it is possible that some do, but to assume most are on the hooch is

nonsense.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pilotman said:

I wasn't reporting on anywhere else.  It's a Thai forum, I was not unsurprisingly, remarking about Thailand.  

As I said before, yes I know [both that it is a Thai forum and that you were referring to Thailand not Britain]... the question would be why would you want to diss Thai people for something that is done all over the world - - even in Britain likely... do you not have the phrase "sunday drivers" there? 

1 hour ago, DannyCarlton said:

The poster I was replying to claimed that the photo may have been taken in Liverpool (a city in the UK). No one claimed that it was taken in Thailand. As a Brit living in Thailand, I'm fully aware of which side of the road both countries drive on.

Why the "are you blind?" in block capitals? Trolling?

The poster you were replying to (me) cracked a somewhat stereotyped joke. I thought it might raise the occasional wry smile, maybe the odd giggle. I never expected either the intense forensic dissection of the joker or the arguments which it provoked. Never mind - sorry and all that.

Edited by JAG
  • Like 1