How Long Before I Can Re-Visit Thailand?

I am in Thailand on a 6-month METV. It expires in a few weeks, but I can do my final border run + extension, giving me 9 months.

My question is, if I stay for 6-9 months on this visa, how long do I have to wait before I can re-enter Thailand? 

For example "you were here for 8 months, so now you can't enter the country for 8 months" type of thing? 

Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

There is not rule that states any amount of time you have to wait to enter the country.

People have left after getting the maximum from  their METV, got another one and returned to the country.

oh wow. didnt know that! thanks ????

but to get another METV would I have to go back to my home country and apply again? or can I get one somehow while I'm in SE Asia?

2 minutes ago, themorrow said:

but to get another METV would I have to go back to my home country and apply again?

You can only apply for a METV in your home country or country of legal residence. 

You could go to a nearby embassy or consulate and get a single entry tourist visa.

45 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You can only apply for a METV in your home country or country of legal residence. 

You could go to a nearby embassy or consulate and get a single entry tourist visa.

just curious, are you limited to the number of single entry tourist visas you can get in a year?  I'm on a retirement visa extension now.  but am considering splitting my time between the PI, vietnam, and thailand in the future.  thinking 6 months in thailand on 2 back to back single entry tourist visas. september thru february.  PI.. march thru may.

1 hour ago, DEKEM said:

just curious, are you limited to the number of single entry tourist visas you can get in a year?  I'm on a retirement visa extension now.  but am considering splitting my time between the PI, vietnam, and thailand in the future.  thinking 6 months in thailand on 2 back to back single entry tourist visas. september thru february.  PI.. march thru may.

Are you able to obtain 30 day visa exempt to Thailand? In any event, I have suggested in many threads spending 6 months in los per year and rest other places such as Vietnam is a cake walk. 

I live los on retirement visas but go to Saigon every 3 weeks. Obtain four 3 month multiple to Vietnam per year. Total cost $280 for Vietnam visas. I could have setv to los and extend by 30 then return Vietnam. Wash repeat no problem. 

In fact could just enter los visa exempt and extend, return Vietnam. Was repeat. Or spend one month in one out as oil&gas been doing forever. Easy peasy. All the threads on Thaivisa are problems trying to live in Thailand ongoing with tourist visas and VE. 

6 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Are you able to obtain 30 day visa exempt to Thailand? In any event, I have suggested in many threads spending 6 months in los per year and rest other places such as Vietnam is a cake walk. 

I live los on retirement visas but go to Saigon every 3 weeks. Obtain four 3 month multiple to Vietnam per year. Total cost $280 for Vietnam visas. I could have setv to los and extend by 30 then return Vietnam. Wash repeat no problem. 

In fact could just enter los visa exempt and extend, return Vietnam. Was repeat. Or spend one month in one out as oil&gas been doing forever. Easy peasy. All the threads on Thaivisa are problems trying to live in Thailand ongoing with tourist visas and VE. 

thanks for the information.  ..just so you know, usa citizens can get 1 year visas for vietnam.  I got one for 2016 and 2018 for 7200 baht each.  come and go as you please.  I plan to get another one next month.  my plan b for if I don't get my retirement visa extension renewed end of the year.