Multiple entry business visa rejected (Yangon) as only 10 months on work permit

Hi

Just an update for today

Went to embassy in Yangon with all paperwork for my Thai company. My single entry visa was running out so needed to get a multi.

10 months of 12 month work permit in hand

I was told - You cant have it because only 10 months left on work permit.

After some complaining I spoke to the boss there

I explained even if I got my work permit and then immediately flew to Yangon, the time on the work permit would not cover the 12 months for multi visa. It would be at least 1-2 days late since when you get your work permit in hand its already the next day after it was issued.  So how then could I possibly have a work permit for the validity of the visa?

He said, basically if it was a few days after getting the 12 month work permit that I applied for the visa he would let it go through. He said he believed I was a good  guy and good for Thailand and he wanted to give me the visa but said he could get in trouble with his superiors. So he said no..

So basically if you want to get a multi entry visa in Yangon you better have at least 11 months 3 weeks worth of work permit validity.

Of course this could all change. Hope this is helpful

What on earth is going on now? Yangon was the last place in Asia giving these visas. Other places want to see "work appointments" in and out of Thailand for these multi entry visas. Whats that all about? Appointments in and out of Thailand? Why should a Thai business owner have to have appointments out of Thailand? Makes no sense?

So I think basically we can all assume that multi entry business visas are soon going to be a thing of the past completely.  No more from UK. Only available in Yangon in Asia, and problems there too,

• Like 1

The reason seems to be that they want those who have a work permit to apply for extensions at immigration instead of using business visa forever.

In many countries, Thai consulates only issue multi-entry business visa to people who visit Thailand for business as opposed to those who are working there.

You cant get a multi entry visa issued in Thailand anymore!

That is unless you are working for a large company or Boi company

For small business under 10m turnover they won't give you a multi-entry. So you are basically stuffed now and have to keep getting single entry visas and leaving 

Edited by CrossBones

13 minutes ago, Caldera said:

The reason seems to be that they want those who have a work permit to apply for extensions at immigration instead of using business visa forever.

In many countries, Thai consulates only issue multi-entry business visa to people who visit Thailand for business as opposed to those who are working there.

I can extend a single entry work visa in Thailand? I am confused!

1 minute ago, CrossBones said:

Others are in a better position to expand on that than myself, but yes, many foreigners who work in Thailand get one year extensions based on their work permit and other supporting documents at their local immigration office.

12 hours ago, CrossBones said:

Immigration does not issue visas other the than a one time use non immigrant visa based upon qualifying for an extension of stay.

You can apply for a one year extension of stay during the last 30 days of the 90 day entry from a single entry non-b visa. Or any 90 day entry from a multiple entry non-b visa.

After getting the one year extension you could get a multiple re-entry permit permit to keep it valid if you want to travel.

To apply for the one year extension of stay you must be paid a minimum salary based upon your nationality (50k baht for most western countries) and have at least 4 Thai employees.

Not sure where you getting the 10 million baht turnover number from. I don't see it mentioned in clause 2.1 or annex B of police order 327/2257.

The argument that you must have a full 12 months left on your work permit to get a one year multiple entry Non B is illogical. For one thing, you can actually get almost 15 months of stay on a one-year multiple Non B.

I agree with others who opine that the multiple Non B is simply being eliminated.