Do I need to purchase Health Ins.?

Hello, I am confused  Thus the question. I am on a Retirement visa and it expires on Jan 25 2020.  I have been living here for years and always renew my retirement visa every year. Do I need to get this required Medical insurance in order to complete my next retirement extension this JAN. 2020?  Thank you for your correct replies.  Jasper

There is already a thread about the new insurance requirement. You should read that.

if you have been living here many years then you are probably here on an extension of stay. You need to know if you are on an O-A visa or an extension of stay to get the answer to your question.

30 minutes ago, Jasper4one said:

Do I need to get this required Medical insurance in order to complete my next retirement extension this JAN. 2020? 

No you do not.

It is only for those that are on OA visas issued by a embassy.

Hi this is a follow up and I want to apologize for being stupid. Back in 2016 I went to a Thai Consulate in SAVANNAKHET and got a Non O. After that I have been going to Immigration to apply for an extension of stay based on retirement every year since then.

So just to confirm the announcement today about the Health Ins.

QUESTION 1. Do I need to purchase in order to extend my stay again this Jan 2020?

QUESTION 2. I'm planning to marry next year and my wife to be is an employee of the Thai Gov't and has Health Ins. She told me it will cover me so will this be acceptable should the rules change again. Again please answer both and sorry for being dumb in this matter. Best Regards   Jasper

8 minutes ago, Jasper4one said:

Hi this is a follow up and I want to apologize for being stupid.

No such thing as a stupid question.

Q1 - At this time no, the insurance requirement only applies to visas.

Q2 - Almost certainly no problem (but you don't need it of course).

I'm going to close this one, please continue in the other thread on the subject.