How to Avoid Entry Denial for Not Having Health Insurance

15 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Show them your visa to prove it was issued long before the insurance requirements went into effect if try to make a problem.

They may not notice your visa since you are using a re-entry permit to enter the country.

That won't work becuase the police order clearly says entry will be dienied (no matter when the visa was granted). It also says, if the person is inside Thailand it is OK to not have a health insurance. IOs have become bold denying entry to TV/METV visa holders and now they are fishing for O-A visa holders. I also doubt the embassies will start requiring health insurance to issue visa. They may issue visa without insurance for sometimes in the near future. 

Edited by onera1961
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, ezzra said:

You can try to look extremely healthy and fit when you come in, as they only looking for and refer to 'risky' and sickly looking foreigners who will need medical insurance...

One should not be entering Thailand if sick.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, onera1961 said:

That won't work becuase the police order clearly says entry will be dienied (no matter when the visa was granted).

Where does it say that?

It certainly does not state it is retroactive.

20 minutes ago, onera1961 said:

That won't work becuase the police order clearly says entry will be dienied (no matter when the visa was granted). It also says, if the person is inside Thailand it is OK to not have a health insurance. IOs have become bold denying entry to TV/METV visa holders and now they are fishing for O-A visa holders. I also doubt the embassies will start requiring health insurance to issue visa. They may issue visa without insurance for sometimes in the near future. 

IO love is spreading around from the young METV holders to the retirement visa holders now. Nobody seems safe these days.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Where does it say that?

It certainly does not state it is retroactive.

Every thing should not be spelled out. Only a court can decide what is legal or not legal if conflict arises. But it is said the IOs can deny entry. That is sufficient to empower IOs.

7 minutes ago, Tayaout said:

I have a better strategy. Buy the proper insurance or stay home. 

I have insurance that is accepted any where in the World. I have an HSA master card that was accepted for 70K BHT in Bangkok Hospital and 3K Euro in Amsterdam. It has one million USD for emergency evacuation plan and unlimited inpatient/outpatient expenses after I meet my dedctibles of 7600 USD using my HSA master card that has close to 500K BHT. Why I want to buy a worthless Thai insurance?

Edited by onera1961
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1