Unveiling government plan, Queen says priority is to exit EU on Oct. 31

snoop1130

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

It's johnson who wanted an election after he lost his majority.

It's not me who said it, it's the democratically elected opposition in Parliament...

An opposition who, Labour or Tory rebels, were elected on the basis of policies which they are now actively opposing.

7 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Because johnson is a habitual liar who cannot be trusted.

So pass a simple one line bill which sets the date of the election (before 31 October).

No? Why not? Oh that's right, because these traitors know the public is sick of their behaviour and will vote them out of their seats at the first opportunity. So they keep making excuses to deny the right of the electorate to show what they think of them. Utter cowards. But as Geoffrey Cox so eloquently stated, the time will come when even these turkeys cannot prevent Christmas.

1 minute ago, JonnyF said:

So pass a simple one line bill which sets the date of the election (before 31 October).

No? Why not? Oh that's right, because these traitors know the public is sick of their behaviour and will vote them out of their seats at the first opportunity. So they keep making excuses to deny the right of the electorate to show what they think of them. Utter cowards. But as Geoffrey Cox so eloquently stated, the time will come when even these turkeys cannot prevent Christmas.

Deliver a deal or an extension, it's quite simple what johnson must do if he wants an election.

1 hour ago, RuamRudy said:

Do you really believe that? Support for Scottish independence is now around 50%, and the last poll I saw showed support for remaining in the EU at 74%.
There are many more people than just me who are actively contributing, financially and otherwise, to extract Scotland from the UK. The momentum is well and truly with us; the UK is doomed.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

"The UK is doomed" ,how many times has that been said , we always rise above it and win .

23 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Deliver a deal or an extension, it's quite simple what johnson must do if he wants an election.

An election will be allowed once certain conditions have been met?

I am reluctant to draw the comparison, but a number of posters on TVF (you and me both perhaps) commented unfavourably on the reluctance of the previous government here in Thailand to allow an election until certain parameters had been established and conditions met. It is not a direct comparison, nevertheless...

14 hours ago, Slip said:

He cares about his country.  She will feel the same I'm sure, but she has no choice over this.  She should send some people to The Tower.  It's been a while since we have had a public execution and Cummings would definitely cry for the crowd.  Boris too.

Ahh, Remainers...

14 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Shouldn’t that be minority government...

still clutching...

13 hours ago, JAG said:

Perhaps an election is needed then - to establish a government as it were?

at straws.

1 hour ago, Baerboxer said:

The Queen's speech sets out the legislative plans and agenda for the government in the new Parliament session. The size of majority, or lack of, is irrelevant to this speech.

The Queens speech is irreverent anyway, wast of her time, wast of money for the days pomp and ceremonies that will be repeated in a few weeks when we rid ourselves of this incompetent Tory ERG government and Buffoon of a PM...

36 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Not all voters have a photo ID. 

Not having a photo ID is a barrier to those people exercising their vote.

They can always have a postal vote, only one person from the extended family (or neighbourhood for that matter) need be bothered to actually vote then....

22 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

And as in more than a few uncivilized countries.

Let’s stick to citizens choosing their government rather than governments choosing the citizens.

What an absolute brahma of an idea - we can have ab election and let the citizens choose their government!

2 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

What? No desperate, last-ditch Remainer's clamour for a people's vote to ratify the deal?

Hold on till I get my tape recorder.

Who wants more months in limbo while a new referendum is set up...

Stop wasting time...

Revoke Article 50 now.

2 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Dream on! It isn't and will never be Scotland's unilateral decision. Only the whole UK can make a decision that affects the whole of the UK. 

Tail wagging the dog doesn't work when push comes to shove.

What a bizarre concept where a minor (or as you say, tail end) part of a union needs the support of the majority of its significantly larger 'partner' to leave a pact. The UK is free to go on as it wishes, we simply don't want to be part of it. 

1 hour ago, JAG said:

The only thing I will say, is that I don't think England should subsidise them once they are independent - but that is an argument for another day.

I am not aware of anyone suggesting otherwise - that would not sit well with most peoples' definition of independence. 

40 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Article 51 of the Vienna Convention on the treaty of treaties would seem to neuter the Benn act; along with Bliar's Civil Contingencies Act in reserve...

Is the implication re: Article 51 that the 'threat' of legal consequences against the PM should he not send the letter is sufficient to invalidate the letter because he would be acting under duress? 

45 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Not all voters have a photo ID. 

Not having a photo ID is a barrier to those people exercising their vote.

I can see also issue with people not being able to to vote because they can not find their passport or driving licence on polling day...

Maybe a machine that scans your polling card, records a finger print, and records the security number of the ballot paper(s) issued, if you do not have your polling card the residing officer can enter ones polling number manually.

With fingerprints only taken and stored for use if required in the event of voter fraud investigations.

Archived