Side exit exhaust - road legal?

Coremouse

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
23 minutes ago, mr PPG said:

the side exit exhaust nowadays (21/01/2020) is illegal in Phuket DLT. interesting how in another DLT’s..... or just farang related this .....

Thanks for info. I'm in Bangkok and the project gonna be complete soon, pay tax shouldn't require the car to be present, I'll see if I could get lucky with TorRorOr certificate, will update

The car was de-cat'ed anyway, and the side exit had resonator/muffler on, in theory there really isn't much difference

1kNjl8.jpg

• 1 month later...

Update: Car straight passed DLT, will be kickin for another year????

Mainly thanks to relaxing Thailand regulation(that's why I love here lol), but be fair to myself, a lot efforts went to put big muffler/resonator thingy into cramped engine bay and throughly wrapped, when car is warmed up doing slow commute, I often mistaken the engine was off. 

Inspector laughed when he couldn't find exhaust at rear????

When doing DLT also spotted several fine old cars, MB SL600(rare if real), old Rolla etc.

a1.jpg.fd69db1c9a25f22c313d72f8cc503b72.jpg

a2.jpg.e8feb4e1d4c312380713949934184cc4.jpg

a3.jpg.3556ab06d328f04a9ab8128a9d3ee3df.jpg

a4.jpg.3d71a068d617b25c2c12783162a3129b.jpg

Edited by Coremouse

7 minutes ago, transam said:

Back in the UK they liked me taking in my ol' fun car, though they did fear driving it onto the brake test rollers, I had to do it.....????

picasabackground-007.jpg.07d11703e7d7d243bc08a292b2045ca9.jpg

My car also had paper thin 8lb flywheel and slight harsh clutch, but with only ~260hp stock turbo inspector didn't have any problem. With my low salary(G25-550 = 3 month nothing) god knows when I save enough for proper build????

15 minutes ago, Coremouse said:

My car also had paper thin 8lb flywheel and slight harsh clutch, but with only ~260hp stock turbo inspector didn't have any problem. With my low salary(G25-550 = 3 month nothing) god knows when I save enough for proper build????

My ride had a "manual" auto with a 3600 rpm stall converter....A bit confusing for the test guy and closed eyes for me..????

• Like 1

On 1/21/2020 at 8:06 PM, Coremouse said:

Thanks for info. I'm in Bangkok and the project gonna be complete soon, pay tax shouldn't require the car to be present, I'll see if I could get lucky with TorRorOr certificate, will update

The car was de-cat'ed anyway, and the side exit had resonator/muffler on, in theory there really isn't much difference

1kNjl8.jpg

Might I ask, as an interested petrol-head, just what kind of vehicle your engine is installed in? This front view doesn't do it justice.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, transam said:

Back in the UK they liked me taking in my ol' fun car, though they did fear driving it onto the brake test rollers, I had to do it.....????

picasabackground-007.jpg.07d11703e7d7d243bc08a292b2045ca9.jpg

The Bedfords, Landies and Jeeps are nice but the 1977?? Firebird is sweet.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

The Bedfords, Landies and Jeeps are nice but the 1977?? Firebird is sweet.

Mine is a 1976, that nose/bumper was only put on that year, but the engine was changed to a earlier stronger version...The original block broke with the additional gee gee's....????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

Might I ask, as an interested petrol-head, just what kind of vehicle your engine is installed in? This front view doesn't do it justice.

The engine is Toyota rev3 3sgte, car was FWD ST204 I believe and swapped full AWD drivetrain. I am having finance difficulty so only love I could give her now is diy-welded parts(from manifold to plumbing everything). The car still running stock power but would give her proper rebuild whence I saved enough budget 

a6.jpg.36fe7af509177a04978bffe8d42b1760.jpg

• Thanks 1