Thailand Long Stay

It would appear that this scheme is moving on at a pace. Friends from Pattaya were invited to a brief on the gist last week with comments being fairly favourable ( even though the translation ear bits were dodgy and thus the whole thing is in the process of clarification ).

Any on here attend and able to give a clearer picture of what's proposed ?

Adding two and two together and coming up with five. I have been wondering if our new masters may back the idea as a way to keep the filthy farang away from the precious soil, whilst at the same time giving us some security and a stable way out ?

Edited by suiging

A scheme launched in BK last week with Royal patronage, where I believe the Interior Mob, TOT, Banks and others are proposing to take control of land form Farang and offer for an " administrative " fee long term leases. Select Real Estate types were invited to a briefing so I was told, thus wondering if any could confirm or deny the buzz.

Further:

Venue Royal Thai Police Club March 21.

Attendence: HRH Prince Maha Vajiralongkorn and HRH Consort Srirasmi

purpose introduce documentry on King's life and to honour his anniversary and to introduce details of Second Home Thailand Longstay Project. ????????

indeed,

Over 50 and nothing new, so a waste of money.

Nothing you couldn't do for yourself and cherry pick what you actually want, for less cost than buying a package.

It offers nothing additional that you can only get on this scheme and no incentive.

Nothing new here.

http://www.thailongstay.co.th/

And you must be over 50...

They also do a retirement visa service, for which you have to be over 50, but I don't think you have to be over 50 for the normal lease service jobby they offer.

It does seem expensive, but not as expensive as losing your 'land' in 30 years if the next 'option' isn't forthcoming.

Ofcourse we don't know if 30 year options are guaranteed with TLM either, but bearing in mind they're Government backed, 30% owned by TAT, to me they seem more reliable than 'Joe Developer'.

Burgernev

Edited by Burgernev

Of course we don't know if 30 year options are guaranteed with TLM either, but bearing in mind they're Government backed, 30% owned by TAT, to me they seem more reliable than 'Joe Developer'.

Yes, always trust governments. They never lie and they never topple.

Lads I,m with you all in the look before you leap mode with this bunch of cowboys in charge. I only asked this question to see if anyone had actually gone !!

I feel that soon the clowns will look for a face saving vehicle to try to keep their hands on a slice of " old grey hair's" money. Yes this scheme is not new, but with such a high profile " re-launch " something fundementally new may have come out.

Let's keep our eye on the ball here.

THB500,000 entrance fee + an annual membership fee of THB28,000. Then you must pay a deposit equal to the value of your home, plus legal costs (4% of the value of the home!!).

It gets better after doing them courtesy of buying the house for them, you must then rent it back at THB 50,000 pa for 30 years! -- It certainly sounds like a steal -- for Thai Longstay Management Co. Ltd!

Perhaps only useful for those who dont have a Thai partner they can trust, or perhaps maybe a way out if some get caught out in the nominee trap, but the question still remains can you trust them?

Edited by quiksilva