MOved to BKK from europe and all my gmails are blocked now

parafareno

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Jaxxper said:

Hmmm, I’ve moved around a lot and my e mail accounts follow me. Never had a problem touch wood.

Hope you get it sorted though as I can imagine it would be frustrating.

Same here, Had the same Hotmail account , I can't even remember how long, travel to all different parts of the world at least twise a year, Never had a problem , so much so that the thought never occurred to me ,until I read this thread.

22 hours ago, Mavideol said:

need a VPN to access your original country where the account was set up

You really must be very careful with VPN's. Google knows that it's a VPN, and it can be an extra red flag. Unless you have something good that uses a real residential IP in your home country I would forget about VPN's and trying to bypass Google's security checks.

It's strange. I use gmail all the time, in many different countries. Never had a problem.

I did have problems with the combination of Facebook/Instagram and AIS. The problem with AIS is that they send all traffic out with the same IP. It can be confusing for social media and maybe also google/gmail. They see that a lot of traffic is coming from the same IP and can think that this IP is being abused. Changing to True or DTAC can help in that case.

22 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

really? after almost 6 years i still go through it all the time with USA banks. drives me crazy. 

including blocking because of a VPN and also not using a VPN.

Must be because the HuaHin I.P. area , known for the " suspicious rich" living  there :clap2:, do like us poor buggers and live Jomtien , and never a problem as such????????

22 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

this is very common if you come to Thailand. Banks will do the same as soon as they see Thailand IP. 

Really? Never had an issue with accessing any of my UK accounts from anywhere in the world, including frequent access from Thailand.

20 minutes ago, david555 said:

Must be because the HuaHin I.P. area , known for the " suspicious rich" living  there :clap2:, do like us poor buggers and live Jomtien , and never a problem as such????????

I'm up near Nong Khai and both Skybet and bet365 have blocked me since the start of the English footy season.

Hotmail; is it going to close down soon? I'm getting requests to contact them. Not sure if they are genuine messages.

1 minute ago, owl sees all said:

I'm up near Nong Khai and both Skybet and bet365 have blocked me since the start of the English footy season.

maybe because money bets , you know Thailand's obsession with gambling ….

4 minutes ago, david555 said:

maybe because money bets , you know Thailand's obsession with gambling ….

Bet365 has live footy video streaming on their site. Wouldn't dream of having a flutter,. Well, just a little dream!

i switched to vpn and i think it is ok.....my hotel is really high end, but seems lots of spammers reside here or who knows

i moved around the world too before, stayed thailand 3 years, but 7 years ago, never had a single problem

only now....with this true,co,th apparently, shady shady

PayPal using by laptop ask me most of time a pin confirmation they send on my registered number by them , before login go true ,as safety verification 

Google can nagging endless if using a different hardware like laptop ,phone or else , just react on the security option and all becomes ok.

sometimes they are paranoia , and make us too , as you can start thinking it is not Google but phishing ….. disturbing times as those get more & more same looking as originals 

18 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Hotmail; is it going to close down soon? I'm getting requests to contact them. Not sure if they are genuine messages.

Never got a message they go close down , but many Hotmail addresses as example .com  or .co.uk etc ending existing .

2 minutes ago, parafareno said:

well they block it i dont know why is google so stupid.....

i have to verify with my phone each time my ip changes...it sucks

never blocked , but emails reporting my account accessing so and so and if suspicious or not ….. just confirm I know it is me myself ,and ok.

20 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

hotmail is trying to have people switching their email to outlook... same company

6 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Anything BUT Hotmail.

Maybe only Yahoo mail was more rubbish.

I've been using hotmail for the last 20 years and never encountered a bigger issue.

Of course is the change to Outlook something you have to get used to.

But hotmail accounts coincide with so many MS products that it's even more convenient to use one. 

With a VPN, they might get confused and send me an email if that was me in Laos, XXX place, but that's all in a way that it doesn't create such problems as the IOP is talking about. 

25 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

No it is not going to close down.

Go into your account and contact them from there so you know it is going to the right source.

3 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

hotmail is trying to have people switching their email to outlook... same company

You haven't been able to take out a hotmail ending webmail account for some years as they moved to [email protected]

I never had these problems, nor with my gmail accounts neither with my bank accounts. Not in Europe, not in Thailand, China, and Vietnam during the last 3 years. Perhaps you made a wrong click in Thailand when Google asked you to verify your account.

35 minutes ago, DFPhuket said:

So far this year I've traveled to 11 countries and I've never had an issue with gmail. I'd suggest the usual steps - restart your device. If that doesn't help, try another browser or device. 

Some people have problems with stuff that's self made. I've got hotmail, gmail, yahoo mail and another one, never had an issue. 

The only problems I had was with three different MS accounts where I needed help from their support website.

The joke is that you can Google anything these days and even watch a Youtube movie on how to solve such an issue.

I'm sometimes surprised about some questions people have.

A Google search would give them many different ways on how to solve such an issue.

And that doesn't matter which browser you're using. 

1 hour ago, owl sees all said:

How refreshing. A bit of honesty. Admitting an error. Wish my wife would take note.

Mine wouldn't commit that she was wrong. After 17 years, she always acts like she understood all I'm saying, but does exactly the opposite of what I wanted her to do.

Owl sees all and we know that they think that they lose face asking what's being said.

That's in no way a Thai bashing statement, it's just the way Thais grow up. How can asking a question be bad?

Why are students not allowed to ask their teacher a question? oops, the teacher might not know the answer and live the rest of his/her life faceless. 

It's an "unwritten law" by the Ministry of education and it's time to let the students ask questions, regardless what subject it is. 

It would be easy for a teacher to tell them that they'll them the answer after class and they can look it up, without losing anything. 

But.........................................

Well, ask your wife, she'll have a good answer. maybe not. 

6 hours ago, david555 said:

Never got a message they go close down , but many Hotmail addresses as example .com  or .co.uk etc ending existing .

There's no Hotmail anymore, it's Outlook now, and hotmail.com addresses will not stop to exist. Where did you read that? 

6 hours ago, Mavideol said:

They are not trying, Hotmail ended years ago,it's Outlook now. Just because you don't know how to use it,doesn't make it bad. Stop complaining about stuff you don't understand. 

Archived