Hua Hin: Complainants claim 2 million baht con booking pool villa

webfact

Hua Hin: Complainants claim 2 million baht con booking pool villa

3pm1.jpg

Thai caption: Accommodation booking con

Representatives of 50 people who say they were conned in a Hua Hin pool villa booking scam went to register a complaint with the computer crime police. 

Some said they had entered booking details on a famous website and just hours later a man called "Best" had come online claiming to be the owner. 

He said that if the booking site was bypassed he would give them a special deal and a chance to win a phone and gold. 

They fell for this. 

When they transferred the money - 10,000 baht which was 6K for the night rental and 4K security deposit -  "Best" disappeared.

Others among the victims say that their credit card details were shared and goods were purchased on their cards. They blamed the site that was not named. 

Losses amount to 2 million baht. 

Sources close to Thai PBS said that the property concerned is on Soi 45, Nong Kae sub-district. But the owner has never heard of "Best". 

The claimants said that people should always book through the site to avoid being conned. 

Source: ThaiPBS

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-10-24

In all fairness to these people, I booked a flight with a well known UK travel/ticket intermediary and came back to find my visa had been charged £11,000 for new flat screens tvs. Apparently someone rang up the bank (Tsb) said they were me, and the daft bank sent them a new card to a new address ! someone working for the large company is basically just passing on details to a fraudster friend - simple as that. I'd check the criminal records of those recently employed first. 

FYI - Bank admitted their mistake and paid out £200 in compo  to me.

On 10/24/2019 at 12:22 AM, RichardColeman said:

In all fairness to these people, I booked a flight with a well known UK travel/ticket intermediary and came back to find my visa had been charged £11,000 for new flat screens tvs. Apparently someone rang up the bank (Tsb) said they were me, and the daft bank sent them a new card to a new address ! someone working for the large company is basically just passing on details to a fraudster friend - simple as that. I'd check the criminal records of those recently employed first. 

FYI - Bank admitted their mistake and paid out £200 in compo  to me.

Thomas Cooke ?

Archived