North-east Thailand: Grannie "comes back to life" as family prepare to cremate her

webfact

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

North-east Thailand: Grannie "comes back to life" as family prepare

to cremate her.   A classic example of THINKING                                                                                                                                                                                             image.jpeg.3b1ede6ea785dfe0e7f96c9b49e561c0.jpeg

8 hours ago, webfact said:

She was placed in a cooling coffin attached to a plug and kept like that for three days. Then the plug was disconnected and the body was taken to the temple.

She was transferred to Wat Amphawan for her final journey to the next life. 

Taken to the temple for cremation without a doctor actually certifying death?

'Nodomino mentioned the term 'brain dead'...why not say... Thai Government dead... same same only different... and less corrupt 

By the way how are we going with the bodgy PhD and the 'I wasn't in gaol in Australia'. Or has that moved to the never happened ' Red Bull farce. .

9 hours ago, Borzandy said:

Thailand is really a third world country

Why?

8 hours ago, DoctorG said:

I like the sailors' method of a needle through the nose.

I have told my wife that before I am cremated stab me with a needle a few times. If I react I am not ready for toasting yet.

I am not one to make stupid comments this was a life that never went which is always a good thing.

My only concern is in most countries in the world they would probably have picked up on this hours before they were going to burn her to death - makes me curious how many 'nearly dead' people have gone into the fire.

Call me cynical but the last part of the video does make the whole thing look like a publicity stunt - but that is probably me being cynical ????

Video update: Family in shock as granny "comes back to life" seconds from cremation

fb.jpg

A video showed people dressed in black wondering how Phinit Sophajorn had appeared dead only to be seen breathing by her husband minutes before her coffin was sealed for cremation. 

Her husband was animated explaining in local dialect the moments when he realized his wife was still alive. 

Thaivisa are still trying to ascertain the identity of the foreigner in the pictures at the funeral. 

We think that he may have a story to tell about his experiences. 

More about this extraordinary tale as we hear of it. 

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-10-25

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Thaivisa are still trying to ascertain the identity of the foreigner in the pictures at the funeral.

Why does Thaivisa find that important, it's hardly the focus of the story.

Your time would be better spent trying to ascertain why a doctors certificate was not issued certifying time/death/cause before the body was released for cremation?

18 hours ago, Vacuum said:

Is this the normal procedure? No contacts to authorities to confirm the cause of death?

I've never heard of the cooling coffin before, but here in Laos, bodies can lay in state for 7 days or more pending the distance that relatives have to come from, no death certificate, unless you really want one, no doctors present, unless he/she are a family Dr. and have befriended the family, but what is more amazing, is the fact that most Lao people half believe in Buddhism, and half in spiritualism, in both cases the body cannot have an autopsy performed on it, no parts removed (Its a pity really with all the roads deaths that happen in Thailand where there are some real useful parts going to waste), but it does lead to more serious matters for those families who opt for insurance, if they knock you off, there is no way their custom will allow and autopsy, its becoming a problem for new insurance companies here in Laos 

17 hours ago, Cadbury said:

Some Thai politicians could be excused for looking like they are dead.

Softly spoken words like......"I have some money to give to you".......would quickly confirm if they are dead or alive.

putin-sed-696x436.jpg

dum-and-dummer.jpg

547846326_c1_1483961_180613050302_300x200(2).jpg.a03efe0194e37c61ff1c2c254e5c0c97.jpg

Just to add one more.

44 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Lets hope the hospital was in his province if he spent more than 24 hrs there.

And what has that to do with the story? Are you one of those "Bring up a TM30 hint in every discussion" boys?

Archived