Obtaining a Thai visa in the UK. Urgent advise needed

7 minutes ago, sandyf said:

The only one that is confused is you, I specifically said he applied online. I never mentioned any email so where did that come from.

When I spoke to him he said he had selected London during the online process but it kept stalling so he then selected Hull, still during the online process, and the application then went through.

Unless you were watching the screen when he did it you are not in a position to disagree.

i have just submitted a trial visa application and the only place to apply in the UK is London, you are going by what a friend said.

1 hour ago, Letseng said:

For non-O visa (ME) I had to show 20.000€ in a bank or 2000€/month income 2 weeks ago in Austria. Was told that these are new requirements, however not yet officially published. Will come soon. Beware.

Is that the same level as the retirement visa in Austria? 

At least they are still offering the ME non-O, unlike the UK.

If they start offering them again, I'll have to wait on the pension indexation catching up and the pound not dropping again ????.if that is based on a THB equivalent...2000€. 

3 minutes ago, steve187 said:

non O single married, 2 days for approval

It is about 3 weeks since my friend did his so sounds like there could be a shift in policy, maybe temporary while they sort out the problems.

The Website indicated that all applications from 15th June would have to be made online.

I had intended to go back at the end of this month to get a multi Non O but that got kicked into touch with the changes. Going to HCMC on the 4th.

7 minutes ago, steve187 said:

i have just submitted a trial visa application and the only place to apply in the UK is London, you are going by what a friend said.

I hear what you are saying, I was a bit surprised as I have an evisa account and was under the impression that only London was available. I checked up again shortly after and that was the position again. It is not out of the question that Hull was made available if the Embassy option was under maintenance.

My friend does not do computers, full stop. He got someone to do it for him and he said they couldn't get past the screen where you select the Embassy, trying to move on the system froze and they had to come out and start again. After a few failed attempts he said they tried selecting Hull instead and the application then completed. They could then print out the application form.

The next day he drove over to Hull with the form, docs and passport and was told to come back in a week. The guy in Hull said to him he was lucky he lived in Sheffield, that they were coming from all over the country.

From what you say it looks like they have taken other steps.

On 10/25/2019 at 6:28 PM, Tim16 said:

Would Cardiff Consulate be nearer?

Book appointment, they will make visa while you wait.

All visa applications go through the London Embassy now. At least that's what I was told. 

2 hours ago, elaxjt said:

All visa applications go through the London Embassy now. At least that's what I was told. 

The consulates in the UK are still allowed to issue visas. You must apply in person, and an appointment in advance is advisable. However, they can do a tourist visa while you wait as long as the honorary consul is present. Frankly, if there is a consulate within easy distance, it is much easier than trying to navigate London's (misleadingly named) eVisa system. For some visas (such as Non O-A (long stay) visas) you must go through London, however.

• Like 1

On 10/25/2019 at 5:45 PM, Tanoshi said:

hey need authority from London, same as Hull.

They certainly can't get it approved and issued same day as Tim16 states.

From the same site:

Please note that consulates are not authorised to issue all the above Non-Immigrant visa's, some may be submitted to the Thai Embassy in London, please contact us for further information.

I have emailed the Cardiff Consulate regarding my situation ( in receipt of uk pension)

had following reply -

TW
thai consulate wales <[email protected]>
Mon 28/10/2019 09:04
  • You

Hi

We can issue a single Non-Immigrant 'O' visa, 1 entry of 90 days, based on you claiming a state pension

You would need to book an appointment and bring with you...

1) your passport with a minimum 1 year remaining and 3 clear pages

2) 2 recent passport photos

3) evidence of state pension, bank statement showing DWP payment or latest pension letter

4) £70 cash to cover the visa and admin fee

The appointment takes approx. 20mins and you leave with the visa, from  the date we issue the visa you have 90 days in which to enter Thailand.

Please let us know a day and time that is most suitable to attend the consulate and I will check availability? please note appointments are  available Monday to Friday from 10.15am to 12.45pm, at the moment the

next available appointments are from Tuesday 19th November onwards.

Regards

Royal Thai Consulate

9 Mount Stuart Square

Cardiff. CF10 5EE

Tel: 029 20465777

www.thaiconsulatewales.org.uk

10 minutes ago, Tim16 said:

I have emailed the Cardiff Consulate regarding my situation ( in receipt of uk pension)

had following reply -

I'll stand corrected on Cardiff.

Liverpool and Hull have to have applications approved by London.