I am Horrified by the Sexual Objectification of Women

MisterBleach

6 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

A start,but I see no full stop so please do continue.It's almost like you are condoning this type of behaviour I feel that I sense your reticence.

I will say no more on this subject.

The new Pope has already spoken about this.

Please write to the Vatican for further enlightenment regarding this matter.

• Confused 1

When I was 18 I used to write letters like this to the local newspaper for a laugh. If this is 'trolling' then I may have invented it, but actually it's satire and the intention is to stir the bourgeois out of their conformist torpor. Done well, it serves a socially useful purpose by stirring debate.

My contribution to the debate is this: everyone is objectified. If anyone has ever worked for a company they are being objectived as human capital, often quite cynically.

Also, anyone over the age of reason (legally, I hear this is over the age of 14, though Catholics hold it to be aged 7) must take some responsibility for their own actions, and full adults must take full responsibility. Chew on that.

2 minutes ago, MisterBleach said:

I will say no more on this subject.

The new Pope has already spoken about this.

Please write to the Vatican for further enlightenment regarding this matter.

Read your post "I will say no more on this subject." then proceed to say more on this subject.As one already enlightened on the subject I hardly need to write to your boss or the Vatican who took no action regarding sexual exploitation of minors by the second highest ranking person in the Catholic church. 

Anyone who's had experience teaching in Thailand should certainly know about being objectified.

Dress up for the special days, pose for the selfies. Make sure you're there for the photo ops, not so much your classes. Pose with the bosses and directors. Here, stand next to the student and point at the worksheet. Look like you're doing some serious teaching.

Oh, no classes for the rest of the afternoon? You still gotta sit in the office and look busy until 4 pm. Someone important might drop by, when we need to go "Just look at these impressive farang teachers!"

If your school should have any special programs that parents pay extra for, it's obvious how the younger, more attractive teachers are selected for these, despite having little to no experience. Us old fogies are sent to the trenches, teaching the regular students nobody really cares about.

Education? Are they really learning anything? Me and a few others like to try. But it's mostly a big show.

10 hours ago, MisterBleach said:

How many of you are with me in my thoughts about this?

I think you should think through things before you post.

Sounds like you haven't experienced life of many of lovely girls who don't want involvement if talking of Thailand only, and the different classes here.

My thoughts would go towards any country where life is not respected towards any human being be it man, woman or child. 

For many countries in the world to stop bombing and threatening war would be better IMO.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, MisterBleach said:

"Depends what way you look at it and who is exploiting who"

So solly.

I think that you meant: Depends which way you look at it, and who is exploiting whom

So sorry! I'm not writing a novel here and I will stick by my who is exploiting who. But it does sound like your curious for Whom the Bell Tolls regarding your subject matter; but all you have to do is look in a mirror, point your finger and then you will see whom is deprecating. Lighten up. Thailand is supposed to be a fun heretic Disneyland, not a celibate stiff Christian country the missionaries have been trying to change it to..

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

So sorry! I'm not writing a novel here and I will stick by my who is exploiting who. But it does sound like your curious for Whom the Bell Tolls regarding your subject matter; but all you have to do is look in a mirror, point your finger and then you will see whom is deprecating. Lighten up. Thailand is supposed to be a fun heretic Disneyland, not a celibate stiff Christian country the missionaries have been trying to change it to..

So solly, again:

"point your finger and then you will see whom is deprecating"

Should be:

point your finger and then you will see who is deprecating

I like women for cooking, cleaning, and sex.

Then, sex again.

A wonderful Thai girl told me one time "my mouth is not for talking".  I agree.

All with no complaints.

Thank you Thailand for being one of the last places on earth that can still provide a proper female.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, MisterBleach said:

So solly, again:

"point your finger and then you will see whom is deprecating"

Should be:

point your finger and then you will see who is deprecating

Well Chaps my hide and spank me silly with a peacock feather for being so uneducated or uncaring and disrespectful of the English language. I reckon I need to bow to your superiority of literary intellect. I pert near made a faux paus. Carry on!

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, MisterBleach said:

It very much saddens and depresses me that young women, and even old women, even today in this enlightened world, are still seen as objects and as a commodity for sexual gratification, in any way.

I have no clue what you have been taken or what you have been eating this morning. 2 topics out of 3 is hillarious. So, you are saying that you get sad and depressed, out of what reason? Is that reason all the girls in Thailand that are doing the worlds oldest profession? The ones that dresses super sexy, do  extended make up and even modify thier bodies all to be suitable for catching a person that pays them for their services they offer?

I would say that it would be very easy to see this group of woman as a commodity for sexual gratification, or what do you say. You have appearently chosen to live in of frequently visit Thailand too, that is one of the countries in the world that offer most of these kind of girls.

Now I am not saying that it´s okey to look at every woman that way, but I can not find out how it can sadden you. 

12 hours ago, MisterBleach said:

It seems to me that we should curb our desires, which are only natural and god-given, and instead focus our energies toward doing good in this world.

you can do both you know, engage in the oldest profession and do good - - someone who indulges this natural phenomenon might just be helping to feed another's family... no need to moralize - eh?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

I like women for cooking, cleaning, and sex.

Then, sex again.

A wonderful Thai girl told me one time "my mouth is not for talking".  I agree.

All with no complaints.

Thank you Thailand for being one of the last places on earth that can still provide a proper female.

If they made them wear Burkhas it would be better. Can you imagine how wonderful? Your mother in law in a Burkah. Damn, how about a gag too!