If YOU have AXA Home-Owners Insurance... Why You Should Reconsider

lowbo

So I've had a Home Owners (Smart Home) Policy with AXA Insurance for several years without incident. The coverage has always "appeared" to be quite extensive... i.e. Fire, Burglary, Flood, etc. at a reasonable price.

It wasn't until I had a fire in my home that I realized how gullible I may have been from the beginning.

So the fire occurred on Sept. 8th, 2019. I immediately called all of the agencies... Fire Dept. (Voluntary of course), Police, AXA Claims Dept. and the Moo Baan Management personnel. They all arrived after I had extinguished the fire and really just kind of looked around laughing and joking. I really didn't think much of it. Cause of fire was the failure of a "CHINESE MANUFACTURED POWER STRIP" (nuff said).

My first indication that something was amiss was the arrival of a Claims Adjuster from a company named "Royal Survey". I have no idea who this Company is nor whom they work for, so I ignored most of what they were saying and went directly to the AXA main office personnel in Bangkok.

Reading my policy, I filed all of the appropriate paperwork via email to an individual in Bangkok whom I assume was assigned to lead my claims handling.

Long story short.... that was Sept. 8th 2019... this is now October 25th, 2019.

My correspondence with the Bangkok office have gone unanswered, and my claim continues to be unresolved... I have made several calls with the individual assigned and continue to get the same response... "Oh, we're still reviewing your claim. It's a lot of money." Mind you, AXA Insurance have not even provided a "Claim Number" from which I could call the claims personnel and check on the status of the claim.

My latest conversation led me to a serious level of anger where I stated I wanted an answer by the end of the week or I would seek legal counsel. The individual stated that yes I would receive a response no later than Friday.

Friday is here now, and here I wait... and wait... and wait... nothing!

I have never been so obviously ignored or inadequately served in my life... 

I'm really at a loss on what to do or how to proceed. I'm still without the materials and items lost in the fire, and the space remains unrepaired and unusable. Seriously aggravating and stressful right now.

Once this is resolved (if ever), I will NOT renew either my Home Owners or Auto Insurances with AXA. Their claims personnel are sorely lacking in professional capabilities and response thus far to a legitimate claim appears to be non-existent.

Any advice from the community?

Similar experiences?

Seek Legal Counsel?

Legal Recommendations?

It seems they are just leading you along,in the hope

you will give up and forget about it,it's probably worked

for them in the past, now it's your turn,don't give up,

in the last resort ,get lawyer to write letter to them.

regards worgeordie

Insurance companies pay claims investigators to deny claims...just know you have an up hill battle and may spend more trying to settle the claim than you can recover to break even...

They are famous for delaying...soften you up to accept a fraction of the real value of the claim.

Good Luck!   ????

Be very careful you dont exceed any "notification" time. I dont know the specifics of your policy etc but delaying like this and no official recognition the event occurred seems wrong.

My advice would be to not wait any longer, get everything as much as you can logged and a formal letter sent from a Lawyer and record its delivery, 

The last thing you need/want is someone saying "sorry sir the claim notice period has expired and we have no knowledge of your claim"

Seek professional legal advice and do it now, is my opinion.

On 10/25/2019 at 10:43 AM, lowbo said:

My first indication that something was amiss was the arrival of a Claims Adjuster from a company named "Royal Survey". I have no idea who this Company is nor whom they work for, so I ignored most of what they were saying

I do feel for you but I don't understand the section above. Did you just not understand them or not listen?

If you had no idea who they were and therefore why they were there why would you even let them in the house.........

Your unfortunate tale is another good reason for people to consider buying insurance via a broker who may be able to bring additional leverage.

Other than a lawyer you could try this route -

https://www.ombudsman.go.th/10/eng/howtocomplaint.asp  

On 10/27/2019 at 3:59 PM, lowbo said:

BTW, Royal Survey never entered the property

Thanks for responding. I cannot help thinking that as you did not let the person in (presumably sent by Axa) to assess the damage, that this is what has "confused" things for the office dealing with it.

Same/similar to a car accident here where the insurance company reps (who are often not directly employed) come out to sort out the claim.

Depending on the size of the claim they may not be able to progress without an adjusters report.......

• 1 month later...
On 10/27/2019 at 8:01 PM, lowbo said:

Update... I actually received a reply just prior to COB Friday... I'll post more when I get a more detailed update.

Lowbo

Can you update us on what the final outcome has been as I have AXA for house and car insurance, although I go through a broker.

Archived