Video: "My flip flops got wedged under the brake pedal" - driver offers pathetic excuse

rooster59

16 hours ago, rooster59 said:

A 37 year old National Parks employee reportedly told police that his flip-flops got wedged under the brake pedal of his pick-up that led to an accident that left four students injured. 

The slippers are in part the reason for this extremely dangerous accident that fortunately did not cost anyone's life!
You are the absolute culprit, speed too high, inattentive (you probably played with a cell phone), take your responsibility!
I hope you at least have a valid driving license!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Why would the insurance company refuse to pay if driving barefoot,

In California driving barefoot is against the law, maybe other states also.  If they catch you doing it repeatedly they'll suspend your license.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Anythingleft? said:

Loads of ladies in the west drive barefoot as they remove their (high) heels to drive...

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

I had completely forgotten this .... when I arrived in Perth , Oz , in Jan. 1971 , a girl I met on the ' Australasia '  showed me round Perth and on getting in her Torano ( possibly ) she took her flip flops off saying it was illeagal to drive in them.

14 hours ago, lust said:

This excuse isn’t “pathetic” even in the slightest. This actually happened to me. Never wore sandals again while driving..

A good pair of sandals, with proper arch support and heel strap is no problem. I wear Teva Holliway men’s sandals. Strong thick sole like a hiking boot, arch support, heel strap.

Nothing like cheap flimsy flip flops.

Flip flops....are a totally different story. 

https://youtu.be/pgntjMgf8MI

https://youtu.be/XLlXQ6Q_9ME

He'll get his mum to go with him to the cop shop.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Nah. Not this one. At least there are no reports or pictures.But the other psycho this week who freaked out from a scratch on his new 1 million Civic and claiming be under medication nicely showed up with his mommy at the police station. 35 year old children [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

18 hours ago, CLW said:

Even if his shoes stuck under the brake pedal, which is hilarious already, how could he accelerate or go so fast?

Double foot driving technique? Like if I step on the brake and nothing happens why not use the other foot for the gas pedal?

By the way I'm always astonished how many Thais are driving barefoot (and probably leave the shoes in the lower compartment).

Is there any logical explanation why someone should drive barefoot?

Scolded my girlfriend many times and told here when I'm driving with her only with proper shoes. Also I tried to explain to her that in my home country if you drive barefoot or even with slippers and there is an accident the insurance can refuse to pay. Didn't believe me....

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I am from UK i used to drive barefoot there and do here

I prefer driving barefoot than in shoes....... i would never ever drive in flip flops

• Like 2

18 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Police don't believe him and are pressing ahead with negligent driving charges.

In either case it is neglicent.

As I understand, shoes are compulsory.

• Like 1

In either case it is neglicent. As I understand, shoes are compulsory.

One can think about driving barefoot, it's okay or not, legal or illegal.  

But in the news the police said they couldn't find any shoes in the compartment neither put them in some way to blocking the pedals.

This was just a pathetic excuse for whatever God knows the driver did at this moment...

30 minutes ago, Toscano said:

It is unsafe to drive in Flip Flops for that very reason , that they come adrift or get stuck under the pedals . Fore safety one should always wear shoes or securely strapped sandals .

I heard that the UK Queen's husband (Duke Of Edinburgh) when on holiday wears Philip Flops.

• Haha 1