Use of PayPal In Asia

Pilotman

I have found few (actually none) Thai or Chinese online suppliers who accept PayPal for payment, including, as far as I can tell, Lazarda.  Is this common? I know I can use it on overseas, none Asian suppliers,  but buying there is often not an option due to customs and delivery issues.  

I used my UK PayPal account yesterday to pay a Chinese supplier. Low value transaction ($15), other things from the same supplier have been paid via Alibaba.

It's the exception that proves the rule ????

• Thanks 1

There are a few, though not many, that will take PayPal as payment. I've used PayPal with online orders from InvadeIT, Wine Connection and BonCafe, and I was able to pay my Scoot flights booking yesterday via PayPal.

With Lazada, because I generally pay COD, a PayPal option probably wouldn't be of much use.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Stocky said:

With Lazada, because I generally pay COD, a PayPal option probably wouldn't be of much use.

Last week i bought 4 fanblades from lazada, paid cod unfortunately...the advertised as being from hatari but they were chinese knockoffs, the fans now shake enormous and sound like a chopper...so i dumped them today.

I wish i had paid them by paypal cause then i could report these scammers. But that's why you can't pay many shops by paypal.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Crossy said:

I used my UK PayPal account yesterday to pay a Chinese supplier. Low value transaction ($15), other things from the same supplier have been paid via Alibaba.

It's the exception that proves the rule ????

You,re lucky Crossy........Paypal blocked me sometime ago as they "suspected" I was not a UK resident anymore...been with them for years without any problems....fark them :whistling:

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Thian said:

Last week i bought 4 fanblades from lazada, paid cod unfortunately...the advertised as being from hatari but they were chinese knockoffs, the fans now shake enormous and sound like a chopper...so i dumped them today.

I wish i had paid them by paypal cause then i could report these scammers. But that's why you can't pay many shops by paypal.

You shouldn’t have any problem returning them and getting a refund

I returned something recently no questions asked, its all done on line and they paid the postage

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, StevieAus said:

You shouldn’t have any problem returning them and getting a refund

I returned something recently no questions asked, its all done on line and they paid the postage

I let my wife order on lazada, and she's thai, doesn't dare to complain so i just discarded them all..is easier.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Stocky said:

There are a few, though not many, that will take PayPal as payment. I've used PayPal with online orders from InvadeIT, Wine Connection and BonCafe, and I was able to pay my Scoot flights booking yesterday via PayPal.

Earlier at Lazada, PayPal was one of the options. It's been gone for a while. 

I use PayPal for my Thai Netflix subscription. Sometimes I use PayPal on Agoda (for traveling within Thailand) without any issues. I can't use my PayPal account to pay for my PS4 subscription though. Not sure why, since no reason given when I try this it just doesn't work, although the option to use PayPal on the PS4 is there. On Aliexpress you can use PayPal (with some sellers only), but they will charge you a fee.

29 minutes ago, Cheops said:

I use PayPal for my Thai Netflix subscription. Sometimes I use PayPal on Agoda (for traveling within Thailand) without any issues. I can't use my PayPal account to pay for my PS4 subscription though. Not sure why, since no reason given when I try this it just doesn't work, although the option to use PayPal on the PS4 is there. On Aliexpress you can use PayPal (with some sellers only), but they will charge you a fee.

I can pay my Spotify subscription and my VPN software using PayPal. I don't know why Lazada stopped PayPal as a payment option.

22 hours ago, Thian said:

Why did you not send them back to Lazada for a refund?

42 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

Why did you not send them back to Lazada for a refund?

Because my wife didn't that, she's scared for repercussions.

And i got tired of it, had been cheated 4 times that day and just wanted to forget about it or i would leave thailand...it's only 780 baht, i don't want to have stress for the price of 4 beers.

But when i tried to use my dutch paypal 3 years ago and let them send my purchases to BKK Paypal always cancelled it....when i asked them why that was they said that thailand is on the black list as scamming country so they blocked it. Oh well, then i use creditcard.

4 hours ago, Thian said:

Because my wife didn't that, she's scared for repercussions.

And i got tired of it, had been cheated 4 times that day and just wanted to forget about it or i would leave thailand...it's only 780 baht, i don't want to have stress for the price of 4 beers.

But when i tried to use my dutch paypal 3 years ago and let them send my purchases to BKK Paypal always cancelled it....when i asked them why that was they said that thailand is on the black list as scamming country so they blocked it. Oh well, then i use creditcard.

There's never any problem returning items if return/refund is allowed. It sometimes says 1 week return. I have returned items several times without any problems,and got my money back quite fast.

• Like 1