Renewing 5 year drivers license in Pattaya-Proof of Residence

khaepmu

When applying to renew a 5-year Thai drivers license in Pattaya, will they accept a certificate of proof of residence from the US Embassy? I am aware that I can get proof of residence from my local Thai amphur office but I'm going to be in Pattaya  when my license expires and going to the embassy in Bangkok is much quicker than going all the way back to my residence in Thailand. 

2 minutes ago, mrmicbkktxl said:

Is yellow house book and pink ID enough for them or do you need explicit a certificate of residence from embassy or immigration?

need cert as far as I know that way they collect MORE MONEY....for something which a poster has already pointed out....THAT ones address is already on back of driving licence along with passport number !!!!!!!!!!!

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, mrmicbkktxl said:

Is yellow house book and pink ID enough for them or do you need explicit a certificate of residence from embassy or immigration?

Yes it is providing you have a copy of the blue book and housemaster's ID card that your yellow book is registered to

Just now, baansgr said:

Yes it is providing you have a copy of the blue book and housemaster's ID card that your yellow book is registered to

I have all of that,are you sure they will be happy with that and don't send me to immigration?

1 hour ago, Seeall said:

its funny and so stupid.. you have a licence with your address on it but need a piece of paper saying where you live....  NUTS just a monkey house circus full of clowns...

What if he moved to another address 2 years ago? Is the address on the license valid? I don't think so.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, mrmicbkktxl said:

I have all of that,are you sure they will be happy with that and don't send me to immigration?

If you're staying in Pattaya,It's cheaper and easier to get the Certificate of Residence at Jomtien Immigration on Soi 5

When applying to renew a 5-year Thai drivers license in Pattaya, will they accept a certificate of proof of residence from the US Embassy? I am aware that I can get proof of residence from my local Thai amphur office but I'm going to be in Pattaya  when my license expires and going to the embassy in Bangkok is much quicker than going all the way back to my residence in Thailand. 

They will accept a proof of residence from the US Embassy.  Otherwise, a residence certificate from Immigration will be required. If you have a Work Permit, neither is required.  Chonburi (Pattaya) Immigration will not provide a residence certificate unless you reside within their jurisdiction.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mrmicbkktxl said:

Done mine in august 5 yr renewal only had to use yellow book. and didn't need a  medical from the doctor   Down in Hat Yai :thumbsup:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, thailand49 said:

In Pattaya myself, just did my 5 years in September, I went down to Immigration Soi 5 Jomtien, got a Residential Certificate for 300 baht waited hour and a half.

I renewed without residence certificate, but if you go to immigration you need the TM30 done.

3 hours ago, david555 said:

Old drivers license as address accepted for address certificate , see list from jomtien address certificate desk  (May2019 I renewed my 5 years DL so )

20190816_174108.jpg

what do you mean ? you used old driver license to get a residence certificate at immigration ?! Without tm30 done ?!

27 minutes ago, plfomylo said:

I renewed without residence certificate, but if you go to immigration you need the TM30 done.

I did not have a TM30 (8Years same address , and nothing TM30 asked , done with my old DL accepted (as above picture from THEIR own desk !!) Same for my ret ext number 6 no ATM30 asked ….all jomtien immigration , but same address 8 years .

yes I know different desk /person / day or temperature or whatever .T.I.T immigration 

Edited by david555

5 minutes ago, plfomylo said:

what do you mean ? you used old driver license to get a residence certificate at immigration ?! Without tm30 done ?!

YES! MAY 2019, same for my ret ext number 6 read my post #17

10 minutes ago, plfomylo said:

He said he did it in May this year. The first time I heard that the TM30 was required for the Certificate of Residence was later. 

5 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

He said he did it in May this year. The first time I heard that the TM30 was required for the Certificate of Residence was later. 

But in end august 2019 I renewed my ret ext number 6, and nothing asked about TM30 and never used an agent , 800k method I use  .

Edited by david555
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, mrmicbkktxl said:

A friend did it this way three months ago without issue...however.its Thailand, its a government body..things change daily and from person to person

13 minutes ago, david555 said:

But in end august 2019 I renewed my ret ext number 6, and nothing asked about TM30 and never used an agent , 800k method I use  .

We're not talking about an extension, but the Certificate of Residence. 

• Confused 1

26 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

We're not talking about an extension, but the Certificate of Residence. 

"He said he did it in May this year. The first time I heard that the TM30 was required for the Certificate of Residence was later.  "

I know I can read … but because your line about the timing ….even when the TM30 problem started I made my ret. ext. not with it...

Thai immigration is a lottery….expect coming days the non o-a results ….. or worse the non o simple , as first test cases about that insurance go appear and different offices /officers go follow the rule ...HOW 

Edited by david555

1 minute ago, Max69xl said:

Why did you need a Certificate of Residence for your 1 year extension? Don't you have a contract? 

OH my god we live different planet I think ,

I just said that I was never asked TM30 for ret. ext. as other persons claim theywhere asked for whatever they had to do at immigration , and many also bin never asked .

I indeed have a 1 year lease always to show them … , taking care it is always just new for a year 

• Like 1