Sam Migel Lite question

bartender100

Serious question and if you don't drink it no need to reply.

Been out the country for six months, and now back I have not had one SML that tastes like it did before, anyone else noticed this?

I had six years drinking  it up till a couple of years ago

They all seem to have a fusty taste, whereas before nice crisp clean taste, i can't explain it

My last San Mig L was in June earlyer this year. Going back to LOS 15nov.

One of my favorite LOS beers. I will check and see if i can confirm this.

Singh Light is a good alternative tho always clean and crisp and good with some ice. Maybe slightly better imo. But dont touch MyBeer (singh) its awefull.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, topt said:

No such thing anymore as Singha Lite has been replaced with My beer - unless you find any very old stock. My friends who drank Singha Lite have moved to My Beer with no issues.......

No comparison IMO. I enjoyed Singha Light but My Beer tastes totally different.

https://www.ratebeer.com/beer/singha-my-beer/711627/

• Like 2

Beer has a very short shelf life, three months at most. It gets worse if it is stored at room temperature for any time, particularly in the tropics. That was what I was told by the Chief Chemist of Carlton and United Breweries at their Abbotsford plant.

You may have got a dud batch. I recommend you keep drinking from different shops until you get the original taste back.

The other possibility is the bean counters have cut costs by changing the raw materials and/or production process, and are hoping no-one notices before they are promoted.

Edited by Lacessit
  • Like 2

On 10/31/2019 at 6:03 PM, nakluapattaya said:

My last San Mig L was in June earlyer this year. Going back to LOS 15nov.

One of my favorite LOS beers. I will check and see if i can confirm this.

Singh Light is a good alternative tho always clean and crisp and good with some ice. Maybe slightly better imo. But dont touch MyBeer (singh) its awefull.

And beer with ice tastes good?? 

8 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I've never understood that either. Watery.

A friend of mine from Australia,he could finish several buckets of ice every evening. When he told me he had to pee a lot late at night and even after going to bed, I asked him, don't you know why? He realized what I meant, and stopped drinking beer with ice for a while. But, then he went back to ice again. Go figure. ????