Recommendations for medical insurance for 70-year old

DanFromHawaii

I know only a few plans will cover someone 70 and older.  For a 70-year-old: 

1. Which will cover to 80? Which to 90?

2. What will the cost be at those ages? 

3. If no major preexisting conditions, quality of coverage? 

4. What about dental and vision? 

5. Strategies for self-insurance when formal insurance gets too expensive? (I will stay here for the duration...)

I just did Cigna Close Care policy at 71 years old. Only Prostate excluded due to me having a test 6 years ago, negative results. No medical tests needed. Outpatient only, up to Bht 12M cover. Will renew til I die but will increase each year. 3131 quid first year.

Only Prostate excluded due to me having a test 6 years ago, negative results.

That's plain stupid to exclude prostate cover if it's a negative result!  All men over 50 are recommended by the medical profession to have annual prostate check-ups....

Are you asking with reference to the new Immigration requiremenst or more broadly?

Makes a big difference. Immigration is accepting only a limited number of companies.

You can find the info on those companies summarized here

Immigration does not currently make any provision/exception for people unable to get insurance.

If you are asking more broadly (i.e. are nto subject to the Immigration insurance requirement) then there is a much wider range of choices and I suggest you work through a broker.

23 hours ago, simon43 said:

That's plain stupid to exclude prostate cover if it's a negative result!  All men over 50 are recommended by the medical profession to have annual prostate check-ups....

I suspect the story is more than this. More likely he has BPH and but biopsy or other test was negative for cancer. They would not have excluded him for a routine PSA. The intake form would nto even have identified that.

Any insurer will exclude prostate on a policy issued to someone with known BPH.

Archived