Concerned about returning BKK airport on a Tourist Visa

1 minute ago, pookondee said:

Amazing Thailand must have something very amazing for you to go to those lengths.

I will sooner go to Vietnam, Phillipines or Laos, out of principle, if/when Thailand does that to me.

Yes, I was on my way to marry my pregnant girlfriend when I was denied. If the situation was different I would've moved elsewhere. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Tayaout said:

Yes, I was on my way to marry my pregnant girlfriend when I was denied. If the situation was different I would've moved elsewhere. 

ok, sorry to hear that.

That is very poor form by Immigration then.

Did you try to get the officers to talk to your GF on the phone?

21 minutes ago, Tayaout said:

Agree with that but they don't seem to care about denial stamp at land border. If denied at a land border at least you get to walk back instead of being detained and having to buy a last minute ticket. 

Ok, i can now see where you are coming from on that point. 

37 minutes ago, pookondee said:

And then what?

Try to get back into Thailand again, through the back door?

If the IMM officer stamps something not so good in his passport, or puts a note on his file, 

he could get rejected again at an entry point and be in trouble again. 

But you still have the run of the rest of Southeast Asia. Beats being locked up and sent back to your home country. 

But you'll go to Malaysia or Vietnam instead? No dice. Home. At your expense.

On 11/1/2019 at 12:07 PM, donnacha said:

The Immigration Officers in the Bangkok airports mainly target guys under retirement age. 

That's not true.

If immigration targets people under retirement age only, then what's the use of having a retirement visa?

Might as well just get multiple tourist visas with much less hassle without the financial requirement.

They will look at his past history to determine what his real intention is and whether he's a genuine tourist.

Immigration have been refusing entries to 'tourists' who are trying to stay long term on a tourist visa instead of applying for long term visa like elite, retirement etc.

Edited by EricTh

On 11/1/2019 at 12:34 PM, spambot said:

Spambot,

You are trying to stay long term on a tourist visa and immigration will be suspicious based on your past history.

It's better to fly to Malaysia or Philippines first, then take a secondary flight to Thailand.

If you are refused entry, you can at least fly back to Philippines and decide your next move. Philippines might be another option for long term stay. This would be plan B.

Edited by EricTh

On 11/2/2019 at 11:25 AM, Suradit69 said:

You used the right term. It  was a story. And you are now using the unlinked, vaguely recounted story as if it were fact. 

There are many stories posted by people who are confused about what happened to them or intentionally edit the stories they tell to enhance the drama and their victimhood.

Hoping to fear monger, other posters then refer to these situations as being  "the same as you."

you could be correct either way he and many others HAVE been denied at bangkok recently. There is a risk albeit small that the poster will be denied at bangkok airport...IT has been confirmed multiple times that it is much safer to fly into chiang mai instead.