Renewing marriage extension

I'm about 60 days off from needing to renew my marriage extension in Buriram. Last year did an embassy affidavit (American), so just wanted to check if I understand the changes correctly:

I should get my bank statement a day or two prior to going to immigration, which should denote 40000 baht per month average? Does anyone know the Thai name of this document by chance?

Do I need to visit immigration 30+ days prior to extension expiration, 30 or less days prior to expiration?

I assume I need to prepare all the same documents: wife's ID, marriage document, my pasport, etc. etc.?

What fees should I expect with this process? Immigration here likes to extort tips from foreigners, so I need to know the exact price.

Thank you!

The only fee change would be paying bank rather than $50 to Consulate.  Bank fee is normally several hundred baht if nothing extra required.  You need letter of 40,000 baht or more deposited into account in your name only for previous 12 months and passbook or statements showing this/copies.  Immigration fee should be the normal 1,900 baht for TM.7 extension.  If you also want re-entry permit that would be another fee.  

Be sure to check with bank and some may not be able to do or require special paperwork which could take time to obtain.

• Thanks 1

Which bank statement you ask for depends upon how many months of transfers you will be proving. If a year then you have to request a one year bank statement pay a fee for it and wait to get it in about 7 days. If 6 months or less your can get one while you wait.

There is no max number of days before you apply for the bank statement.

You will need a letter from the bank confirming your account that can be no older than a number of days before you applies. That number varies from office to office. The day before you apply is a good default number if you do not know many days they allow.

The fee for the a extension is 1900 baht.

Edit: You can apply up to 30 day before the day your extension ends. There is no minimum number of days other than the last day.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

The wording is not average but minimum 40k per month and foreign transfer not domestic.

The police order clearly states a average income is accepted for an extension based upon marriage.

Form clause 2.18.

"(6) In the case of marriage to a Thai woman, the alien husband must earn an average annual income of no less than Baht 40,000 per month or must have no less than Baht 400,000 in a bank account in Thailand for the past two months to cover expenses for one year."

I have a question.

1. Do I have to do border runs every 90 days once I have a marriage extension or do I just report to immigration.

2. Also, If I have 400,000 baht in the bank do I need to show a monthly income deposit or am I good just with having 400,000 baht in the bank?

3. Does the account have to be a joint account with wife or just in my name at the bank?

4. Any medical requirements like they just posted for the OA Visa effective 31 Oct 2019?

You help is appreciated.

Traveler

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

The police order clearly states a average income is accepted for an extension based upon marriage.

Form clause 2.18.

"(6) In the case of marriage to a Thai woman, the alien husband must earn an average annual income of no less than Baht 40,000 per month or must have no less than Baht 400,000 in a bank account in Thailand for the past two months to cover expenses for one year."

I stand corrected, thanks

5 minutes ago, Travelerusa40 said:

I have a question.

1. Do I have to do border runs every 90 days once I have a marriage extension or do I just report to immigration.

2. Also, If I have 400,000 baht in the bank do I need to show a monthly income deposit or am I good just with having 400,000 baht in the bank?

3. Does the account have to be a joint account with wife or just in my name at the bank?

4. Any medical requirements like they just posted for the OA Visa effective 31 Oct 2019?

You help is appreciated.

Traveler

1) just report

2) income or 400,000

3) your name only, (some offices may accept a joint account but they usually require double the amount, most require it to be in your name only )

4) no insurance required