Wanted: idiot guide directions to the land transport office from jomtien

mercman24

hi i need to go there next week to renew my licences, will be on a motorbike, any help from beach road Jomtien appreciated, only 2 years ago i was on the back of a moto taxi, the one map a came across was going way down sukhumvit road, and i know we went via back roads , thanks  KC

It's next to the Regents international School

https://www.google.com/maps/@12.96872,100.9719035,3a,75y,151.44h,72.42t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sqb-I3_nlCHV_LKB2c5TqOg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

"easiest" way is to take the #36 road  from North Pattaya

get there early before it opens doors at 8 am  there will be a queue already , if you don't get an early ticket they may tell you to "come back tomorrow"

Yes taking the 36 from north Pattaya is the less confusing route but a quicker way is to take the 7 motorway towards Bangkok then come off left at the 36, then just up that road on the left. But i think motorbikes not allowed on the motorway officially.

3 hours ago, Henryford said:

But i think motorbikes not allowed on the motorway officially.

Yes bikes are not allowed on "tollways"   the #7 has tollways and they are in use now,  actually I think #7 is the easiest way as you just keep going until the first big ( spaghetti juntion)  and bear left then the  DLT is just there on your left

but if you go on the #36  you don't have to go through any tollways  and bikes are allowed to use the road however you have to be on the lookout for the little U-turn  just past the DLT

( which would be on your right if using the #36 coming from Pattaya )   if you miss the u-turn then you end up at spaghetti junction nightmare !!!

U-turn at the red arrow..straight across all lanes watch out for high speed traffic !!

1566998234_RegentsU-turn.jpg.1c828d3abf53cc976e72eb27cf9cb719.jpg

22 minutes ago, sandyf said:

The alternative would be to go all the way up Soi Siam until you reach the No 36. Go to the left and over the top of the No 7 and the school will be on the left.

There are misc routes through the east-side without using Sukhumvit, #7 or #36.

But not easy to find without navigation help.

Up to the Pattaya experts to comment.

17 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

There are misc routes through the east-side without using Sukhumvit, #7 or #36.

But not easy to find without navigation help.

Up to the Pattaya experts to comment.

Very true, that is why I said follow Soi Siam. There is a shorter route to the 36 by coming off near the tolls but it is a difficult junction to navigate and very easy to end up going back where you came from.

13 hours ago, mercman24 said:

i said i am on a MOTORBIKE not allowed on motorways, but thanks for the replies

Post #5 gives good advice.

And as I wrote, many routes through the east-side but I hesitate to suggest a particular one.