with Loy Krathong coming ... the lantern makers ...

orang37

... November 9 ~ 12 ... are busy near Wat Muang Luang Sat; this time, and Xmas, are peak demand.

note: these decorative bamboo-and-paper lanterns are hung on houses, in temples; they are not the fire-powered sky-bound khom loi associated with the Yee Peng ~ Loy Krathong liminal synthesis.

clickee: map of Wat

the moo baan has tambooned the ordained Bo tree behind the Wat (Muang Sat Alley) with a shiny new gold robe.

eyeballing the area around the Wat with G street-view, i didn't see any views that reflect the current colorful profusion of 

all sizes and styles of lantern.

street view of a shop across from the Wat where the owner speaks excellent English: clickee:  Khun Jan

here, on Soi 9, closer to the Chiang Mai Lamphun river road (west), and the Nong Hoi market, is a place where elaborate giant-size decorations are usually made: clickee: big ones !

by the way, anyone heard any info on the extent of hotel bookings for Loy Krathong this year?

~0:37;

Are you wanting to know where they make the komloys?...and sell them?

The epicentre, or an epicentre I know where many households in the village are making them all year around is behind the road tax office.

If you take the soi immediately adj the tax office OR the soi adj the Esso garage 200m along they both converge at a Wat. 

Many houses behind there with ladies hard at it all day and night......

3 hours ago, eyecatcher said:

Are you wanting to know where they make the komloys?...and sell them?

No. This post is not about khom loi, the flame-powered silk-sack-balloons,

3 hours ago, eyecatcher said:

The epicentre, or an epicentre I know where many households in the village are making them all year around is behind the road tax office.

If you take the soi immediately adj the tax office OR the soi adj the Esso garage 200m along they both converge at a Wat. 

Many houses behind there with ladies hard at it all day and night......

You are describing the neighborhood my post is about ???? The Wat is Wat Muang Sat Luang on Chiang Mai Lamphun Road, Soi 9.

cheers, ~o:37;