Reentry Permit old passport

Apologies if this has been raised before, I tried a search and did not find the answer.

My multiple reentry permit (issued CW) is in my old passport and is still valid until mid Jan 2020.

My new non o-extension has already been transferred into my new passport.

Can I still use the reentry visa in my old passport to leave and reenter Thailand or will I need to get this also transferred to my new passport?

Edited by userabcd

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

You can use the re-entry permit in your old passport.

Immigration should of transferred the re-entry permit when they moved your extension stamps to the new one if it was issued at that office.

When I got my Extension transferred at Chaengwattana, I was expecting them to transfer the Re-entry permit at the same time, but they didn't.  I had to get a new queue number "C", photocopy the newly transfered stamp, and wait another 2 hours!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, userabcd said:

So I just have to present to IO at Suvarnabhumi my new and old passport with the different stamps and a TM6 when I reenter?

You give them your old passport to use the still valid re-entry permit. Put the re-entry permits number on the TM6.

• Thanks 1

On 11/5/2019 at 7:44 AM, ubonjoe said:

You can use the re-entry permit in your old passport.

Immigration should of transferred the re-entry permit when they moved your extension stamps to the new one if it was issued at that office.

Unless you ask them to do it they won't transfer the re-entry permit when they transfer your visa to a new passport.

Here in Pattaya you have to go to two different desks to get both the visa and the re-entry permit transferred.

Fortunately you can use the re-entry permit in the old passport along with the visa in the new passport.  Just be sure to carry both passports with you.

If you try to re-enter without your re-entry permit you will be given a 30 day visa exemption and your current long stay visa will be terminated.  You will have to go through the hassle and expense of getting an entirely new long stay visa.