Shower heaters with integral pump. Available here?

VocalNeal

Actually I had one some 15 or more years ago that installed in house upcountry - so indeed they have been available here.  But as I recall was just designed to provide more powerful shower - not for pumping from a tank.  Don't recall make but it was a Japanese brand.  

Edited by lopburi3

19 minutes ago, Crossy said:

These have been discussed in the past, never seen on sale here.

They are apparently available in Malaysia so maybe time for a run to KL.

Hence my question before I get one "delivered". I was just at MotoGP.

• Like 1

I haven't found one. We have a house where the water pressure is too low to attach a normal sort of Thai water heater. Our plumber told us no can do. So we take cold showers. If you find a place in Thailand that sells them, please let me know.

3 minutes ago, Roy Baht said:

I haven't found one. We have a house where the water pressure is too low to attach a normal sort of Thai water heater. Our plumber told us no can do. So we take cold showers. If you find a place in Thailand that sells them, please let me know.

Normally it is better to just get a water pump for house and enjoy better pressure everywhere.  This seems normal here so suspect it also accounts for why such showers are not often sold.  

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Normally it is better to just get a water pump for house and enjoy better pressure everywhere.  This seems normal here so suspect it also accounts for why such showers are not often sold.  

Normally yes. I'm just thinking one would be handy when on Sundays "her indoors" decides to go outdoors and water the garden.

The Panasonic one I experienced in Malaysia was smaller than our normal Thai Panasonic heater.

1.jpg

Edited by VocalNeal

1 hour ago, Roy Baht said:

Standard practice for that is to install a water tank and a house pump and then you’ll have no problem with the usual electric showers available in Thailand.

it’s a virtual standard install for most Thai houses  specially ones that want hot water.

Edited by sometimewoodworker

1 hour ago, Roy Baht said:

So you're saying you can't have a 3, 4, or 500 liter tank connected to the main water supply to the house with a pump attached to increase the water flow into your house and thus to the showers?

Below is a picture from an old house we built out in the village in 2000, we put a 1000 liter tank 3 meters up in the air and another on the ground level.  We had a pump that forced water into the tank at the 3 meter level.  The downward pressure made the water run like we were in the US.  Eventually, we just put a pump between the tank on the ground and the piping into the house--same effect.  We got rid of the tank 3 meters up on the platform.  The tank on the ground is filled by trickle feed (very, very little pressure) and stays full.  My sister in law lives in the house now and has never had a problem with the how water installations in the bathrooms.

013 Patio Extra Water Tank.jpg

If one lives in a village where the water pressure is only about as high as one can <deleted> up a wall then all the central pump suggestions are valid. 

We don't need electric seats, reversing cameras, rear TV screens et al in cars but people still buy them.

27 minutes ago, Arjen said:

In Vietnam they are very common.

I do not like to use these shower heaters, as I still want to live a bit longer. But it seems in Vietnam you must always switch on power as otherwise you do not have a shower....., but just a few dropps of water every minute. I am surprised. The units are not bigger then the ones without a pump. The pump is quite noisy, but suppplies a lot of water!

Arjen.

Exactly. A constant lot of water. 

Some toilets flush/fill louder?

Some wives snore louder?

Edited by VocalNeal

4 hours ago, mosan said:

We had a pump that forced water into the tank at the 3 meter level.  The downward pressure made the water run like we were in the US.

Invite you to read below and understand that US water pressure is normally in the 40-60 psi (about 3.5 bar) range but your tower would likely be about 7 psi even if top tank full (0.3 bar is under 5 psi).

9 minutes ago, Arjen said:

When use a lot of water without the pressure pump on the pressure dropps till 0,3 bar, what is correct as my water tower is only three meters high.

Water towers need to be much higher (on hills) to provide real pressure.

4 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Invite you to read below and understand that US water pressure is normally in the 40-60 psi (about 3.5 bar) range but your tower would likely be about 7 psi even if top tank full (0.3 bar is under 5 psi).

Water towers need to be much higher (on hills) to provide real pressure.

The point is you don't need "real" pressure to get the shower/water heaters to activate.  Most of the units sold here in Thailand are designed to operate at very low pressures.  

I'm sure you know this...this individual knew nothing just like I did when I first arrived in Thailand.  Nobody local is going to go out to his house and put a pressure gauge on his line and quote numbers to him.  What he needs to know is that a decent pump placed between his tank and the water line leading into the house will most likely fix his problem--not a squabble about how much water pressure is in the US...

Edited by mosan
clarity

3 hours ago, mosan said:

The point is you don't need "real" pressure to get the shower/water heaters to activate.  Most of the units sold here in Thailand are designed to operate at very low pressures.  

They may be designed to work with quite low pressures but 0.3 bar has no chance of being enough. I know because we have a little more than that if the pump is turned off and our water heaters will not function.