draught on chang

madbathroomfitter

thanks black cab my only thought was to have more consistent tasting chang and to have it on tap in the house at maybe less cost. i will stick with the 620ml bottles. there is not much choice with thai beer i just think the chang beer tastes better than singh or leo i don't know if chang rots your insides more than the others as said by thainess

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, madbathroomfitter said:

thanks black cab my only thought was to have more consistent tasting chang and to have it on tap in the house at maybe less cost. i will stick with the 620ml bottles. there is not much choice with thai beer i just think the chang beer tastes better than singh or leo i don't know if chang rots your insides more than the others as said by thainess

I'm a Chang man, and have been for 16 years, right back to the 6.4% days.

Cant stand Leo - pi$$water.

Cant stand the taste of Singha, nor any of the cheapo beers.

What i also cannot stand is Chang draught - weak, and a completely different taste to the bottled stuff.

NB, the correct way to drink Chang, as it is with all bottled Thai and Lao beer, is from a bottle, in a glass, filled to the brim with ice.

Cambo & Viet bottled beer is also great.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, madbathroomfitter said:

...my only thought was to have more consistent tasting chang...

The problem is that if it takes you 2 weeks to drink a barrel then the beer will change taste over this time as it deteriorates, depending on whether you keep the barrel in ambient temperature or in a chilled environment.

When I drank beer it was CHANG the other beers give me a headache or taste bad. BUT the Dr. said I had to reduce my 

fluid intake the ticker was having difficulties dispersing. 

So switched to Hong Thong ... short glass full with ice and pour 

1/3 of the way.. a couple a night you’ll be alright..

13 hours ago, madbathroomfitter said:

what is in chang that's not in other beers brewed in thailand at home i drink many different german beers but here they are expensive i know that its hit and miss with chang sometimes some bottles better than others what are you drinking here thainess ?

I'm teetotal and have been for over 9 years. Can't even stand the smell of alcohol now.