Thai woman who escaped from Pattaya Court arrested, as police offer 50,000 THB reward

webfact

Thai woman who escaped from Pattaya Court arrested, as police offer 50,000 THB reward

19053.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

A Thai woman who was one of three prisoners who attacked a guard and escaped from Pattaya Provincial Court on Monday has been arrested.

According to Thai news sites Thairath and 77Koaded.com, 31 year old Sirinapha Wiset-rit was arrested in Sa Kaeo province on Tuesday night, 20 kilometres from the border with Cambodia.

She was assisted by an unnamed Thai man who has also been arrested.

Police said that checkpoints had been set up and more than 200 officers split into 7 teams swooped on Wiset-rit and her accomplice. 

The two other suspects, American national Bart Allen Helmus and Thai national Noi or Ton Nilthes are still on the run.

On Tuesday afternoon, police found the Isuzu pickup truck, which the trio used to flee the court, abandoned on an industrial estate in Sri Racha.

Police said they believe the trio switched vehicles to a white Mitsubishi car.

The same Mitsubishi car was found abandoned close to where Sirinapha Wiset-rit was arrested on Tuesday. 

333982.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

Also on Tuesday, police arrested two people who are accused of abetting the suspects. Police said the two people arrested were the ones who dumped the Isuzu pickup truck in Sri Racha.

A security guard at the industrial estate spotted the pick truck being parked on the side of the road before the person driving it got out and was driven away by a woman on a motorcycle. 

Police have also announced that there is a reward of 50,000 baht for anyone who can provide information on the whereabouts of Bart Allen Helmus and Noi or Ton Nilthes.

Royal Thai Police Operations Center on 1599 or Pattaya police station 038-420-804.

This is a developing news story.

451855.jpg.38b4c3999cdd39879f087d5ea2f48

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-11-06

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Raymonddiaz said:

2 more to go....The reward for the yankee must be higher than the local one..

Stands to reason - he's bigger, so more expensive.

That's what food sellers and Thai massage shops have tried to tell me when I've complained they were trying to charge me more than Thais.

1 minute ago, BestB said:

Not really, they moving like turtles. Takes 4 hours with a visa run van, yet its taken them 2 days already and still only near the border????

they might lay low for a few days hoping the cops disperse …..  it's just like the movie,  but I would have enjoyed a shootout when they picked her up.  

1 minute ago, steven100 said:

they might lay low for a few days hoping the cops disperse …..  it's just like the movie,  but I would have enjoyed a shootout when they picked her up.  

you just a violent man and give all foreigners a bad name????

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Police said that checkpoints had been set up and more than 200 officers split into 7 teams swooped on Wiset-rit and her accomplice. 

One of the teams was operating outside the Ambassador (again) yesterday. Going to get a darker windscreen; I get stopped EVERY time I drive through - guilty of driving in possession of a white face.

1 minute ago, neeray said:

I've never met a girl in a Thai bar so certainly never left with one. Looking at her picture here makes me think she would be a scary one to leave with.

Have you met a man in a Thai bar and left with him?

Do you think a girl in the bar is a different specie to a girl in a massage shop? or a supermarket?

7 minutes ago, BestB said:

why? why do not you tell us?

Pretty obvious no? Its the age old adage, the small few ruin it for the many. The news never shows the good folks, only the dregs that make big news. 

Just now, JAFO said:

Pretty obvious no? Its the age old adage, the small few ruin it for the many. The news never shows the good folks, only the dregs that make big news. 

no, not really, do explain, how 2 thai escaping ruining it for you

18 minutes ago, steven100 said:

You have been watching to many bad Hollywood action movies...

Archived