GSB, KBank to share ATM services

GSB, KBank to share ATM services

GSB.jpg

FILE photo

BANGKOK(NNT)-The Government Savings Bank (GSB) and Kasikornbank (KBank) have signed an agreement to share their automated teller machines (ATMs) to provide greater convenience to their customers.

Under the agreement, GSB and KBank customers can withdraw their money, check their account balances and make inter-bank transactions without incurring any charges and there are no transaction limits. Fees for making an ATM withdrawal outside the province where the account was created will also be reduced to 15 baht per transaction, from November 8 this year to April 30 next year. The trial period will be assessed before the service is extended.

Initially, GSB and KBank will install the new system in some 400 ATMs in Sakon Nakhon, Nakhon Phanom, Pattani, Yala and Narathiwat provinces. The joint ATM service will be extended across the country, as both banks combined operate more than 18,000 ATMs in total.

The GSB President, Chatchai Payuhanaveechai, said this joint ATM service is part of the Bank of Thailand’s White ATM project, to promote the efficient use of financial resources, eliminate duplicate charges and reduce financial costs. If the joint ATM service is available nationwide, financial costs will be reduced by 20%, or about 5 billion baht.

The KBank President, Kattiya Indaravijaya, stated that, even though mobile banking has become more prevalent, the ATMs remain essential, with more than 3 billion transactions per year.

nnt.jpg
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Youlike said:

Boy do i feel convenient if the Thai bank steels 220 baht surcharge from me, and the best is that i have to pay that for every withdray of 10.000 baht max. because they won't give me more.......

Soooo kind of them...

Your card must have a low limit if 10k, usually 20k-30k is normal

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Youlike said:

Boy do i feel convenient if the Thai bank steels 220 baht surcharge from me, and the best is that i have to pay that for every withdray of 10.000 baht max. because they won't give me more.......

Soooo kind of them...

Get a Thai bank account and fund it then you won't have to keep moaning.........

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, topt said:

Get a Thai bank account and fund it then you won't have to keep moaning.........

And it would be useful not to derail this thread with foreign card moaning :biggrin:

I am not overly excited about the news because at least within your region you can use another banks ATM four times per calendar month without extra fee.

10 hours ago, webfact said:

If the joint ATM service is available nationwide

If only the article would say that the stupid out of region (province) fee is abolished.

It's labeled as a "telex fee" or the like. What a joke!

Some banks seem to have done already?

Edited by KhunBENQ