Visa exemption in Ranong

I entered Thailand at Chong Mek on January 7th, 2019 and stayed in Thailand for about 10 days.  I plan to arrive at Suvarnabhumi on November 29th and leave Thailand around December 9th, crossing into Myanmar.   Then I plan to arrive in Thailand at Ranong again on December 19th.  

I just read this article and it says in the first paragraph that: "Ranong immigration have today confirmed that they are turning away foreigners who are attempting to enter Thailand on three consecutive walk-in visas."  Later it says: "“We explained that if they went and tried to re-enter Thailand without first obtaining a visa from a Thai embassy or consulate, we would have to refuse them entry because they would have already entered Thailand three consecutive times on ‘visa exemption’ status.”

http://www.samuitimes.com/crackdown-visa-runs-ranong-leaves-stranded-myanmar/

I was under the impression that one could enter overland twice in a year and through an airport more than that.   Is the above quote referring to land/sea crossings only or does three consecutive walk-ins include airports?  

If I am allowed to enter at Ranong, in 2019 I would have entered Thailand twice and at Suvarnabhumi once.  I also am planning to enter at Sa-Ngam in early January 7, 2020.  In 2019, I think at most I would have stayed three to four weeks total.

Am I ok or do I stayed a chance of being stranded in Myanmar?  I was pretty thorough when I made my plans but after stumbling across this article, I'm not sure.  I'll have proof on onward travel, funds, and hotel reservation in hand when I try to enter at Ranong.

Thanks

Edited by Slosheroni

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

You will appear only to have used 2 walk in 'Visas' by Dec 19th. The rule states 3, so I do not see why you are concerned. 

The rule is no more than 2 Visa Exempt land border entries in the calendar year. 

Thanks.  Only concern was the wording in the article about "walk-in visas" and exactly what that means.  I assumed "walk-ins" were for land/sea crossings but you never know.  It could have also meant any visa exemption, airport included. 

By air would not be a "walk in" entry. They clearly mean entering overland but the walk in term is bit odd.

At Ranong it would be by boat. At some crossing it is by bus or car.

You have nothing to worry about since you have not already done 2 visa exempt entries at a land or sea border crossing.

After December 31st you can do another entry by land or sea.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

By air would not be a "walk in" entry. They clearly mean entering overland but the walk in term is bit odd.

At Ranong it would be by boat. At some crossing it is by bus or car.

You have nothing to worry about since you have not already done 2 visa exempt entries at a land or sea border crossing.

After December 31st you can do another entry by land or sea.

Awesome..Thanks