Taking money into Vietnam.

8 minutes ago, Ron jeremy said:

Nothing, but why declare it?

The what happens question concerns are that...

What is the procedure for declaring, meaning do you need withdraw slip from back etc. Is that all.

On the matter of doing nothing (done that few times) what if your luggage was checked and funds discovered. Yes unlikely.

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

The what happens question concerns are that...

What is the procedure for declaring, meaning do you need withdraw slip from back etc. Is that all.

On the matter of doing nothing (done that few times) what if your luggage was checked and funds discovered. Yes unlikely.

No problem at all. Do not worry about declaring your money. I´ve done this already, and just showed the money and the slip/account summary, it was originating from together with my passport. Thank you, Sir! Welcome to Vietnam. ???? 

38 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

No problem at all. Do not worry about declaring your money. I´ve done this already, and just showed the money and the slip/account summary, it was originating from together with my passport. Thank you, Sir! Welcome to Vietnam. ???? 

Thanks, but I'm talking about 20k USD. Still no problem? Just bit concerned. Must be getting old. Done it before and didn't think much of it. Think my concern is I visit Saigon every month and of course all the entries are in pp.

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Thanks, but I'm talking about 20k USD. Still no problem? Just bit concerned. Must be getting old. Done it before and didn't think much of it. Think my concern is I visit Saigon every month and of course all the entries are in pp.

Shouldn´t be a problem, even if it is 20 k USD which actually is a substatial amount of money. You are contributing and bringing money into the country. It could be worse to take them out. Maybe you also can give them a reason for what you need it form that is not illegal, it would probably be even better.

Archived