A bridge to far: retirement hoops to jump through

13 minutes ago, sfokevin said:

There is no reason to pit the OAs against the Non-O crowd...

We are both in their crosshairs... They started with the OA holders as this visa is issued to relative newcomers to Thailand that are younger and can get cheaper insurance - The authorities can more easily push the insurance on them... claim success train up people then expand the program to the larger, older and established Non O group saying it is simple  See how the OA group accepted...

But make no mistake we are in the same boat...

Text from the April Cabinet Meeting...

Precisely. And now tell me the the OA should have not saw this coming but now are crying because they did not move accordingly to logic.  The current now dates for flipping to a NON OA from a Non O are going to show proof of making everyone do the dance of insurance. If prior, then maybe not? What is so hard? So I can only expect now that these OA jumpers to NON O are going to make the government make it mandatory for all. So, I am good for 1 more year on a NON O now for 1 year, but I will get insurance in next 5 - 8 months because I can foresee because all of the after jumpers making it compulsive for everyone. Looks on paper like and EXODUS. 

Edited by holy cow cm

2 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

Precisely. And now tell me the the OA should have not saw this coming but now are crying because they did not move accordingly to logic.  The current now dates for flipping to a NON OA from a Non O are going to show proof of making everyone do the dance of insurance. If prior, then maybe not? What is so hard? So I can only expect now that these OA jumpers to NON O are going to make the government make it mandatory for all. So, I am good for 1 more year on a NON O now for 1 year, but I will get insurance in next 5 - 8 months because I can foresee because all of the after jumpers making it compulsive for everyone. Looks on paper like and EXODUS. 

How wre these people going to change from an O-A to a non O? Where will they get the non O from?

10 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

I have no idea of the number of people on OA visas planning to 'jump' but I would imagine it be a fairly insignificant number in the overall picture. If they stick their 800k in the bank I can't see immigration making a big fuss about it.  I said in a different thread that if immigration planned to make everyone have compulsory insurance it would have been announced concurrently with the OA insurance requirement. If the anti farang feeling (and I don't subscribe to that particular fantasy) is as bad a some people like to think, and apparently promote, then it would have already happened.

Not interested in an argument about this, just stating my opinion. Yours may differ.

Even my wife sees the anti Caucasian expat even to being normal long term Asian Expat assault. 3rd - 4th class workers have a better existence than us. She sees it as if you can pay and do it even by brown packaging then you will be ok. This entails the insurance guys too. I also agree. I have no problem giving a say... bonus to anyone who can help me stay here. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

Even my wife sees the anti Caucasian expat even to being normal long term Asian Expat assault. 3rd - 4th class workers have a better existence than us. She sees it as if you can pay and do it even by brown packaging then you will be ok. This entails the insurance guys too. I also agree. I have no problem giving a say... bonus to anyone who can help me stay here. 

I've read your post three times and can't make head nor tail about what you are trying to say.

Its getting late and I've had a few Singhas, maybe it is just me.

Edited by emptypockets
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

They might want millionaires, but millionaires would not settle in Thailand because of countless reasons regarding infrastructure, road safety, law enforcement and so on. Thailand is a third class country wanting to attract first class people, with citizens and officials believing that Thailand is the best country in the world that everyone would jump at the chance to live in. They are wrong. On the list of desirable places to live for people of means, it is probably as low down the list as Thai's proficiency in English - 74th out of 100.

Get real. Millionaires will just spend the money. 

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

Matzzon. I will say I do not agree with the majority of your posts and are in essence ill informed and harsh. But I do give you the benefit of the doubt most time and ignore them.  

So, that was your off topic reply, because you could not fight the fact he do not need to go the way where he needs a mandatory insurance.

20 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

The direction this visa process is headed should run up a red flag for anyone whose commonsense is still more important in making lifs's decisions than a Thai female's honey-spot...

Or, hang around and see what other asinine visa schemes they can come up with to rid the country of Western influence...

It has become more than just visas...there is a cultural shift going on that is going to make living in Thailand uncomfortable for white ex-pats...IMHO...????

OK boomer....