unofficial Step daughter want to come UK

I wondered if the UK Immigration will make any allowance for my  step daughter?   I say this loosely as   I was never legally  married to  her  mother  who was a bit of a nightmare and moved herself on.  I am moving back to the UK with my son, his sister  now a 21 year old, is desperate to join us.   (not with mother )  I  know legally she has no status as my step daughter  even though I  have brought her up since she was 3 years old.  Would the UK immigration recognize any  difference in circumstance that may  enable a favorable  application?

1 hour ago, CharlieH said:

I would think that if you provide the information in a covering sponsor letter, as you have here, it would be a positive to the application. Thats my opinion.

i don't think so, that's my opinion

2 hours ago, CharlieH said:

I would think that if you provide the information in a covering sponsor letter, as you have here, it would be a positive to the application. Thats my opinion.

Sorry but I don't think that would work, an ECO won't, indeed can't be swayed by a written plea from the OP, they have to work within the rules.
The young lady is over 18 and not related to the OP, and as such isn't elegible for settlement in the UK as a family member.
The best she could hope for is a visit visa, that would entail satifying the descision maker that she's a genuine tourist with strong ties to her home country.    

Just now, theoldgit said:

Sorry but I don't think that would work, an ECO won't, indeed can't be swayed by a written plea from the OP, they have to work within the rules.
The young lady is over 18 and not related to the OP, and as such isn't elegible for settlement in the UK as a family member.
The best she could hope for is a visit visa, that would entail satifying the descision maker that she's a genuine tourist with strong ties to her home country.    

No problem you are more experienced in this than I. However, I would have thought that being open and honest in any representation would not be a negative. That was my point ???? especially as he hadnt stated what he/she was applying for.

16 hours ago, BritManToo said:

She's too old.

I'm in the same situation, could always marry her I suppose.

Else it's just tourist VISAs, good luck.

Had a sleepless night  pondering that solution, the ramifications etc..  seems like so many possibilities of a negative outcome, the  psychological impact  on my  son and how society in general may view us as a family and the doors that  may  close.  But still, in some ways,  if she really  wants to  come bad enough,  maybe I shouldn't write it off as a possibility.

Archived