Behind Trump-Erdogan 'bromance,' a White House meeting to repair U.S.-Turkey ties

snoop1130

You must you must you must spend more money on defense. Deal done... those s 400 systems wouldn’t be cheap. So what’s the problem?

oh... no 100billion dollar arms deal for US arms manufacturing companies. Bad turkeys.

you must you must you must... give the US 2% of your gdp annually. There. Better

• Like 1

8 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

“The two leaders have an affinity for each other as strongman presidents,” said Soner Cagaptay, director of the Turkish Research Program at The Washington Institute for Near East Policy, while warning of the deep animosity within the bureaucracies of the two NATO allies.

Very funny. If only Trump was strong. He got played by Putin, Kim, MBS, Xi, and nearly every other politician he has tussled with. He cannot negotiate a deal to save his life. And of course he loves Erdogan. He loves all despots. That is his style. That is the type of leader he would like to be, if he were not reigned in by Congress and  various others that provide a modicum of oversight. 

I agree but you forgot to mention trump doesent have the talent to govern or negotiate he has always been in a position of power money ect so he is always heavy handed so he dictates not negotiate hence he gravitates towards dictators

4 hours ago, Tug said:

I agree but you forgot to mention trump doesent have the talent to govern or negotiate he has always been in a position of power money ect so he is always heavy handed so he dictates not negotiate hence he gravitates towards dictators

Trump is the truest form of a WWF style negotiator. A bull in a China closet. Some just do not respond to those immature and inane tactics. Especially when he is in a room with a guy who out classes him by 80 IQ points.

He has always been in way over his head, with this politics stuff. History will rank him as the 44th worst president. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Trump is the truest form of a WWF style negotiator. A bull in a China closet. Some just do not respond to those immature and inane tactics. Especially when he is in a room with a guy who out classes him by 80 IQ points.

He has always been in way over his head, with this politics stuff. History will rank him as the 44th worst president. 

trump should not be left along in a room with anyone . much more so Erdogan who is way out of trump's league

Nikki Haley said in an interview last week concerning Kelly and Tillerson :

"Kelly and Tillerson confided in me that when they resisted the President, they weren't being insubordinate, they were trying to save the country,

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/10/politics/nikki-haley-tillerson-kelly-save-the-country-recruit-white-house/index.html

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

“The two leaders have an affinity for each other as strongman presidents,” said Soner Cagaptay, director of the Turkish Research Program at The Washington Institute for Near East Policy, while warning of the deep animosity within the bureaucracies of the two NATO allies.

Very funny. If only Trump was strong. He got played by Putin, Kim, MBS, Xi, and nearly every other politician he has tussled with. He cannot negotiate a deal to save his life. And of course he loves Erdogan. He loves all despots. That is his style. That is the type of leader he would like to be, if he were not reigned in by Congress and  various others that provide a modicum of oversight. 

Please reread The Art of the Deal.

Edited by Kelsall
  • Haha 1

John Bolton (the doom to be labeled ‘deep state leftie’) has expressed his views about Trump’s policies towards Turkey.

https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/470085-bolton-says-trumps-turkey-policy-motivated-by-personal-financial

Come in for a chat John, there’s a comfy seat and the nation’s eyes and ears waiting for you.

4 hours ago, sirineou said:

trump should not be left along in a room with anyone . much more so Erdogan who is way out of trump's league

Nikki Haley said in an interview last week concerning Kelly and Tillerson :

"Kelly and Tillerson confided in me that when they resisted the President, they weren't being insubordinate, they were trying to save the country,

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/10/politics/nikki-haley-tillerson-kelly-save-the-country-recruit-white-house/index.html

Very true. Trump is not only a national security risk, he is a traitor to his nation and a major coward.

1 hour ago, Kelsall said:

Why? He did not even write the book. From his ghostwriter :

“I put lipstick on a pig,” he said. “I feel a deep sense of remorse that I contributed to presenting Trump in a way that brought him wider attention and made him more appealing than he is.” He went on, “I genuinely believe that if Trump wins and gets the nuclear codes there is an excellent possibility it will lead to the end of civilization.”

If he were writing “The Art of the Deal” today, Schwartz said, it would be a very different book with a very different title. Asked what he would call it, he answered, “The Sociopath.”

5 hours ago, Kelsall said:

Yes, read a book by a guy who consistently got played at negotiations into massively overpaying for various properties and then going into bankruptcy. File Art of the Deal under "fiction".

Edited by bristolboy