Pattaya boomtown! Tourists throng Walking Street! But where are the farangs?

webfact

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

No. Most farangs used to arrive for a week or two, find a GF for the duration and spend their evenings in the bars.

Pattaya deserves to have lost every farang though. They never did anything to provide a great experience for them, and now it's probably too late to attract them back.

The farangs came for the girls, pure and simple, and now the bar experience is <deleted>, so they ain't going there anymore.

Well done officialdom, you screwed it for everyone.

I always went to Pattaya with my children. I still would if it wasn't so noisy with tour buses and the sea wasn't so dirty.

Rooster

Too expensive, girls getting fat, security getting nasty, too many bar bins being ripped off, girls putting a way TOO high a price on themselves, and the attitudes getting really horrible, the racism is becoming obvious,,,, did I forget something ???

5 hours ago, Beggar said:

I have been living here for more than 20 years and I have to admit that am not a bar goer. But I see more and more bars every year and endless ladies waiting for customers. The military government even has extended the opening times here in Pattaya. So what went wrong? 

Nothing wrong at all. Posters here just like to spin the negative. Most of the felangs in the pic can't be seen because they are in the bars supporting tourism.

It seems a little busy on walking street itself last night. But as soon as you look into bars , clubs, restaurants etc it’s dead. On second rd even worse. When you see the go go girl dancing next to a two year old ( probably her son) both sharing the same pole lol. Sorry THAT is soo wrong in so many ways!  Maybe you guys have seen this before but I thought it was pathetic and borderline child abuse.  Who the heck would go in that bar?? Guess what ? Barely no one. Mamma San with her hard life face was pacing the sidewalk . So sad. 

Just now, ianezy0 said:

Nothing wrong at all. Posters here just like to spin the negative. Most of the felangs in the pic can't be seen because they are in the bars supporting tourism.

WRONG!!! I’ve been here the last two nights. Where are you?? Felang? Really lol !!

Very sad to read all this, I thought that the Chinese were now heading to Cambodia, Sinhoukville for the gambling? Although I admit that there are about **** million Chinese. ????

I usually come to Thailand twice a year, 4 weeks at a time, this high season it will only be once for all the usual reasons.

Unfortunately I am a bit too old and settled in my ways to try the Philippines or Vietnam etc, FWIW these days I go to Hua Hin, not so much fun and not so many beautiful ladies as Bangkok or Pattaya, but better value for money.

4 minutes ago, ianezy0 said:

Wrong??? lol. I have been here the last 384 nights. I live here. Short time tourists only get a snapshot.

Nope keep it up dude. You were on walking street and 2 Nd road last night and the night before?? Liar! Even after here a few weeks no one would spell the word for foreigner Felang! But you do. 

Just now, alex8912 said:

Nope keep it up dude. You were on walking street and 2 Nd road last night and the night before?? Liar!

OK. Too many tourist experts around. Ask me any questions to prove I am here full time. Otherwise, <deleted>.

Just now, alex8912 said:

Were you on walking at last night and the night before from 10pm to 2 am? 

I have to be honest...no I wasn't. I was there until 5am. Always the best time. Especially Ibar with 20 or so mates. Cheers mucker

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Pattaya will carry on, but just without as many farangs and with a night life as dead as Chiang Mai's.

If another country allows a similar night life as used to be in LOS, but without the problems of the Philippines, they will clean LOS off the map far as farangs are concerned.

Pattaya will never have a CM style nightlife which is organised by the army to punish CM people. The death of CM nightlife is deliberately organised at municipal level.

5 hours ago, Beggar said:

I have been living here for more than 20 years and I have to admit that am not a bar goer. But I see more and more bars every year and endless ladies waiting for customers. The military government even has extended the opening times here in Pattaya. So what went wrong? 

20 years ago there was much more bars than now (Probably 50% more)

for example all the zone beetwen second road and beach road, from walking street

to Naklua (Including this 2 locations) was almost bars areas, where you have now mostly

hotels, condos, and mails or small streets dying (From soi 13\1 to soi 13\4).

What went wrong? It's easy to understand for all the one coming from the euro zone

https://fxtop.com/fr/loupe-graphique-historique-taux-change.php?C1=EUR&C2=THB&A=1&DD1=01&MM1=01&YYYY1=2005&DD2=13&MM2=11&YYYY2=2019&LARGE=1&LANG=fr&CJ=0&MM1Y=0&TR=

15 years ago you had more 50 bahts for 1 euro, today it's 33 bahts

and in the same time the prices have doubled for the 2 things most of the

men come in Pattaya for (The booze and the girls, nobody come in Pattaya for the beach or the sea)

1 hour ago, ianezy0 said:

I have to be honest...no I wasn't. I was there until 5am. Always the best time. Especially Ibar with 20 or so mates. Cheers mucker

Sounds desperate. There is no word in modern vernacular English as mucker. Even a modern day I phone doesn’t recognize it. 

7 hours ago, petermik said:

They walk up and down...usually following someone with toy on the end of a stick...they do not spend anything in the bars/entertainment venues..then back to their chinese owned hotels :thumbsup:

They dont spend anything in the bars because they ain't brain dead. 

2 hours ago, Ricky J said:

Too expensive, girls getting fat, security getting nasty, too many bar bins being ripped off, girls putting a way TOO high a price on themselves, and the attitudes getting really horrible, the racism is becoming obvious,,,, did I forget something ???

Traffic cop scams.

On a positive note I do enjoy visiting Tukcom IT mall.

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Pattaya will carry on, but just without as many farangs and with a night life as dead as Chiang Mai's.

If another country allows a similar night life as used to be in LOS, but without the problems of the Philippines, they will clean LOS off the map far as farangs are concerned.

The Philippines used to have a lively night life scene but once the US pulled out and do gooders took over it is a shadow of its former self. It was the go to place in the early 70's for Ozzies.

1 hour ago, kingofthemountain said:

20 years ago there was much more bars than now (Probably 50% more)

for example all the zone beetwen second road and beach road, from walking street

to Naklua (Including this 2 locations) was almost bars areas, where you have now mostly

hotels, condos, and mails or small streets dying (From soi 13\1 to soi 13\4).

What went wrong? It's easy to understand for all the one coming from the euro zone

https://fxtop.com/fr/loupe-graphique-historique-taux-change.php?C1=EUR&C2=THB&A=1&DD1=01&MM1=01&YYYY1=2005&DD2=13&MM2=11&YYYY2=2019&LARGE=1&LANG=fr&CJ=0&MM1Y=0&TR=

15 years ago you had more 50 bahts for 1 euro, today it's 33 bahts

and in the same time the prices have doubled for the 2 things most of the

men come in Pattaya for (The booze and the girls, nobody come in Pattaya for the beach or the sea)

The bars moved because the area got too expensive for bars. So they moved to Soi Buakhao, Tree Town and more and more might move to the still cheap 3rd road. And you are right that many things got more expensive and at the same time the exchange rate went down. No idea who will fill the gap. Koreans or Japanese or even Chinese (where there are much more males than females because of the previous 1 child policy in China)? But I think they prefer more the bars with aircons. 

7 hours ago, Mavideol said:

but last week TAT said each one was spending at least 5,800 baht

More likely the average price they pay in China to come for a 3 or 4 day junket with flight, shared room and food all included. A typical zero-baht tour with nothing more spent in Thailand.   

14 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

If you have engaged in the prostitution that Pattaya is famous for then that would be illegal. You will self deport while calling your self names?

For me no problem. I am married and have two daughters. As a faithful and loving husband and father, you do not engage in such filthy attractions.

By the way, it´s by no means illegal. You pay the bar for the girl get off from work. After that it´s consensual things that happens between two adults. If you after that wish to give the girl a tip for her time spent with you, or have agreed about that at start is nothing illegal.

Archived