UK government and military accused of war crimes cover-up

rooster59

UK government and military accused of war crimes cover-up

_91344031_mediaitem91344030.jpg

The UK government and armed forces have been accused of covering up the killing of civilians by British troops in Afghanistan and Iraq.

An investigation by BBC Panorama and the Sunday Times has spoken to 11 British detectives who said they found credible evidence of war crimes.

Soldiers should have been prosecuted for the killings, say insiders.

The Ministry of Defence (MoD) said it rejected the unsubstantiated allegation of a pattern of cover-ups.

Full story: https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-50419297

BBC.jpg

-- © Copyright BBC 2019-11-17
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

In what way did Baha Mousa threaten me, my country or my culture? Why would I consider a hotel receptionist to be my enemy?

Death of Baha Mousa

On 14 September 2003, Mousa, a 26-year-old hotel receptionist, was arrested along with six other men and taken to a British base. While in detention, Mousa and the other captives were hooded, severely beaten and assaulted by a number of British troops. Two days later, Mousa was found dead. A post-mortem examination found that Mousa suffered at least 93 injuries, including fractured ribs and a broken nose, which were in part the cause of his death.

Fractured ribs and a broken nose, which were in part the cause of his death. I must be very lucky to be alive as in the past I have suffered those terrible fractures and breaks on top of that I broke a nail. 55555  

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, vogie said:

And I served too in Healys secret war in Oman, saw my brethren blown to bits, I am sick to death of our armed forces being dragged through the mire by lawyers who think they can make a quick buck by some jumped up charges and accusations 40 or more years after the event, it's totally shamefull.

so why the heck don't you just stay in the UK then if you cannot behave in line with law and order

when you are outside UK?

• Confused 2