Non - O at savankhet

Planning on going to the Thai consulate on Tuesday this week, based on what i've read on here i will have;

- Completed app form c/w picture(s)

- Copy of wifes Tabian Baan, signed in blue ink (plus original)

- Copy of wifes ID card, signed in blue ink (plus original)

- Copy of marraige cert ( both portions ), signed in blue ink

- Original marriage cert

- My passport plus copy of thai exit and Laos entry stamps

- 5 Large for visa fee.

Am i missing anything?

Hopefully Tuesday is quiet!

Thank you.

5 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Jeff said:

If you see someone kicking and screaming after being refused after using black ink, that will be me.

Don't forget to be clean shaven and polish your shoes.

i've just got my stay press back from dry cleaner with a crease down the centre.

will polish my dome 1st thing tuesday morning, make sure you've shades on or the glare might burn your eye balls.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Denim said:

And if you like wine , there is a wine merchant there with a good selection a whole lot cheaper than Thailand and not mixed with fruit juice. Grab a bottle or three and sit drinking it at the night market with nibbles. Pleasant way to spend the evening.

Also , if driving from the west ,( Khon Kaen area ) there is a brand new highway that saves a lot of time over the old route

Thanks for the info about highway, this is the route i have taken in the past, is this the brand new highway or there's a better route?

image.thumb.png.639455c68d28b8f3088c3b844ead8198.png

I have a general question using Savannakhet to get an O Marriage visa and the duration it is good for. What are the options regarding duration. I understand that you can get a Multi Entry for a year but must leave Thailand every 90 days. I don’t want to do that. Is there an option to do a shorter duration and then you go to your local immigration office to get long stay O Marriage? If so, what would I request and how many days to you get once you enter Thailand?

10 minutes ago, regularguy said:

I have a general question using Savannakhet to get an O Marriage visa and the duration it is good for. What are the options regarding duration. I understand that you can get a Multi Entry for a year but must leave Thailand every 90 days. I don’t want to do that. Is there an option to do a shorter duration and then you go to your local immigration office to get long stay O Marriage? If so, what would I request and how many days to you get once you enter Thailand?

You could get a single entry non-o visa and then apply for a one year extension of stay based upon marriage during the last 30 days of the 90 day entry from it at a immigration office.

You would need 400k baht in a Thai bank in your name only for 2 months on the day you apply or proof of 40k baht income.

2 hours ago, vivananahuahin said:

i read on the website from Savanakh a copy of the passport of spouse!!!i never ear about this

No.  I just went this week.  This list is short and easy.  

- Application

- Copy of marriage cert ( both portions ), signed in blue ink

- Original marriage cert

Spend the 200 Baht and have the copy guys across the street take your picture, fill out the application for you and make the photo copies.  

Avoid Mondays and Thursdays due to the buses bringing folks over for visas.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JaiLai said:

Thanks for the info about highway, this is the route i have taken in the past, is this the brand new highway or there's a better route?

image.thumb.png.639455c68d28b8f3088c3b844ead8198.png

The new highway is a much much better route. It is so new that I cant find its number on google maps but it is complete except for the last 3 kilometers. What it is is approx 70 kilometers of brand new dual carriageway motorway cutting through some very scenic farmland. No gas stations or any pit stops built yet because only recently opened to traffic.

It runs to the south of the old route 12 and is arrow straight with no bends or junctions or towns to slow you down.

It eventually rejoins route 12 at Nah kry

When you get to Global just outside  Kalasin you turn right and by pass the town onto the new motorway.

The following screen shots show where to turn right at global . First marker on left is global, second marker is beginning of new 70 k dual carriageway. Check it out yourself as both the wife and I thought it a good road as it cut through virgin farmland with no unsightly development along the way. Make sure you have gas because none available yet on this stretch.

( shows on satellite images but not streetview )

bandicam 2019-11-17 19-33-21-766.jpg

bandicam 2019-11-17 19-33-32-842.jpg

Edited by Denim

2 hours ago, kurtmartens said:

No.  I just went this week.  This list is short and easy.  

- Application

- Copy of marriage cert ( both portions ), signed in blue ink

- Original marriage cert

Spend the 200 Baht and have the copy guys across the street take your picture, fill out the application for you and make the photo copies.  

Avoid Mondays and Thursdays due to the buses bringing folks over for visas.

Exactly what do you mean by "plus original?"  Are you talking the "actual" Tabian Baan and ID card?

21 minutes ago, Denim said:

The new highway is a much much better route. It is so new that I cant find its number on google maps but it is complete except for the last 3 kilometers. What it is is approx 70 kilometers of brand new dual carriageway motorway cutting through some very scenic farmland. No gas stations or any pit stops built yet because only recently opened to traffic.

It runs to the south of the old route 12 and is arrow straight with no bends or junctions or towns to slow you down.

It eventually rejoins route 12 at Nah kry

When you get to Global just outside  Kalasin you turn right and by pass the town onto the new motorway.

The following screen shots show where to turn right at global . First marker on left is global, second marker is beginning of new 70 k dual carriageway. Check it out yourself as both the wife and I thought it a good road as it cut through virgin farmland with no unsightly development along the way. Make sure you have gas because none available yet on this stretch.

( shows on satellite images but not streetview )

bandicam 2019-11-17 19-33-21-766.jpg

bandicam 2019-11-17 19-33-32-842.jpg

thanks for taking the time for thsi, will check it out.

Why in the world would you leave any original document at home even if a check list dont say that you need it.Is it really to heavy to bring all the possible documentation you may have in case they ask for it. Im just tired of jumping when they say so.More fun to pull it out when they are trying to make things hard for you.Until they run out of options and give in.

• Like 1