Busted! Immigration goes after "begpackers" for working without a permit

webfact

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

'but what happens when word gets out that tourists are free to sell stuff on the street in Thailand? ' Nothing happens except Thailand is improved. It becomes morw international   interesting and varies. No damage done. This fearful nonsense is just junta generated xenophobia to distract from the incompetence and  corruption of the government.

That's giving quite a lot of credit for planning and forethought to a regime that you consider has none.

I can find a lot less forethought and reasoned thinking in this thread, peopled by self regarding opinionists.

Work that out. ????

14 hours ago, cat handler said:

You do realise it is Thailand right? Would it be acceptable to you for foreign nationals to sell things on the footpaths in the US, UK or Australia competing with lawful sellers? Oh wait, you couldn’t complain about that.

You mean like the Burmese who also sell their crafts in the same spot? Thai immigration doesn’t seem to care about them. 

Ok BIB, do we really need all the theatrics and graphical displays with these harden criminals partial photos and the story board of how these international offenders of the Thai immigration and Labour laws were tracked down by the elite BIB tactical crime fighting squad. 

Please give me a #### break!

On 11/21/2019 at 3:12 PM, CNXexpat said:

A friend came back from Italy to Thailand 2 weeks ago. He said that in Cinque Terre are 50% of the tourists came from Asia and many of them from Thailand. Also you see many Thai Tourists in Australia and New Zealand. 

I saw some in Switzerland a couple of months ago....

On 11/21/2019 at 2:28 AM, dcnx said:

You probably slaved half of your life away working for someone else and waking up to an alarm clock.

I’d say they are getting along just fine in the dignity department. 

I just love this reply, You made my day !!!

I remember the days some 30-20 years ago on the hippy trail all over Asia there were young travelers making little stuff on the roads and sold it in touristic places,...they rarely had trouble with the police, sometimes you met the same guys a couple of times in different country's, most of them were great guys with gorgeously beautiful girlfriends, they had always wonderful and adventurous story's,...Istanbul,..Katmandu,...Rangoon,....Vientiane,....Angkor wat,...Bangkok,.....Penang,.....Malacca,....Jogjakarta,....Bali,....best times of my life,...I was young and wanted to see the world. And I did,....It really was love and peace,....the world has definitely changed for the worse..........some of those posts are so full of hate I want to cry,......

Best regards.

Angkor wat- 001- 1994-patrick- 05.jpg

OK, OK, technically it's illegal. but there are so many things technically illegal in Thailand. And many of them are much more serious. To all who say "if they did it in our countries...":

https://berlinfoodstories.com/2016/06/23/thai-park/

OK gouverment also tries to make a problem of this, but at least nobody is deported and they do not argue that a german's job is taken as a german could also prepare Thai food.

All this is like another tourist attraction same as maybe Anjuna flea market in Goa. Imho that's the way it should be seen by the authorities. Close your eyes just like you did so many times before

11 hours ago, off road pat said:

I just love this reply, You made my day !!!

I remember the days some 30-20 years ago on the hippy trail all over Asia there were young travelers making little stuff on the roads and sold it in touristic places,...they rarely had trouble with the police, sometimes you met the same guys a couple of times in different country's, most of them were great guys with gorgeously beautiful girlfriends, they had always wonderful and adventurous story's,...Istanbul,..Katmandu,...Rangoon,....Vientiane,....Angkor wat,...Bangkok,.....Penang,.....Malacca,....Jogjakarta,....Bali,....best times of my life,...I was young and wanted to see the world. And I did,....It really was love and peace,....the world has definitely changed for the worse..........some of those posts are so full of hate I want to cry,......

Best regards.

Angkor wat- 001- 1994-patrick- 05.jpg

Tell me where you saw foreigners selling stuff in Thailand 20-30 years ago??? 

12 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

Yes  de-industrialization and the transfer to Asia of a large part of the industrial sector because foreigners came from more poor western countries and Thai people continue to believe western country are rich the same before.

On 11/20/2019 at 2:56 PM, whaleboneman said:

Your attitude may have been improved had you done some backpacking in your youth.

Dude, I have trekked through 43 countries. Sometimes on the lowest costs I could manage and other times staying as expensively as I could manage. Now that I am older I travel comfortably. Nice hotels, nice restaurants etc etc....it wasn't always like this.

However, I NEVER begged. Okay. Get that straight. Begpackers are scum. I've never seen one, but if I ever do, I'll let them know exactly how I feel. 

On 11/22/2019 at 3:15 AM, dcnx said:

You mean like the Burmese who also sell their crafts in the same spot? Thai immigration doesn’t seem to care about them. 

I've read about Nigerians openly selling drugs in BKK, RTP seems to look the other way.....

3 hours ago, Cereal said:

Dude, I have trekked through 43 countries. Sometimes on the lowest costs I could manage and other times staying as expensively as I could manage. Now that I am older I travel comfortably. Nice hotels, nice restaurants etc etc....it wasn't always like this.

However, I NEVER begged. Okay. Get that straight. Begpackers are scum. I've never seen one, but if I ever do, I'll let them know exactly how I feel. 

You've never seen a begpacker yet travelled 43 countries, time for your meds to continue living in dreamland, lol

2 hours ago, Langkawee said:

You've never seen a begpacker yet travelled 43 countries, time for your meds to continue living in dreamland, lol

I know a guy who made a world trip with $5 per day budget. Lots of hitch hicking, generous peoples along the way and he helped on boat to cross ocean. He's not really poor but it was more of a minimalist proof of concept. 

Edit: Read your post wrong the first time but I leave my reply. ????

7 hours ago, Cereal said:

All that traveling and you didn’t learn to mind your own business or to live and let live. Nice.

People selling things to find their travel isn’t begging. They are merchants. At least you clowns should get your terminology right. BEGpacking would be when they literally sit on the street and beg fir money. If they are selling something, they are not begging.

This is such a simple concept to grasp yet some of you can’t wrap your head around it. Thailand deserves you.

On 11/22/2019 at 1:18 AM, Traubert said:

That's giving quite a lot of credit for planning and forethought to a regime that you consider has none.

I can find a lot less forethought and reasoned thinking in this thread, peopled by self regarding opinionists.

Work that out. ????

The spreading of hate takes little effort or forward planning.

15 hours ago, Max69xl said:

There were plenty of young people selling crafts on the Kao San Road in 1990. I bought some feather earrings off German girl. People put blankets down to exhibit their wares. I travelled on the hippy trail where young travellers bought and sold items along the way. They were minor traders not beggars. There were beggars, mainly French junkies, especially in India.

On 11/21/2019 at 12:47 PM, cat handler said:

You do realise it is Thailand right? Would it be acceptable to you for foreign nationals to sell things on the footpaths in the US, UK or Australia competing with lawful sellers? Oh wait, you couldn’t complain about that.

Plenty of foreigners sell stuff in london. They set up food stalls, sell art and crafts indeed many nationalities sell all manner of things which adds to the quality of life for everybody. The action of the authorities in the CM is pathetic bullying. But that is a feature of CM. Its a city under occupation by military and their police stooges.

14 hours ago, Cereal said:

Beggars are different from minor traders. The latter, young traders,  used to be all over the hippy trail buying and selling goods often bought in one country and sold in another.

On 11/20/2019 at 10:29 AM, Vacuum said:

"world travels" 

You mean domestic travels, as most/very many Thais don't ha ve a passport?

I think you'd be surprised just how many Thai people have passports, try visiting the passport offices on any given days to see the queues. 

14 hours ago, dcnx said:

All that traveling and you didn’t learn to mind your own business or to live and let live. Nice.

People selling things to find their travel isn’t begging. They are merchants. At least you clowns should get your terminology right. BEGpacking would be when they literally sit on the street and beg fir money. If they are selling something, they are not begging.

This is such a simple concept to grasp yet some of you can’t wrap your head around it. Thailand deserves you.

Are begpackers suddenly merchants? If they are merchants,then they need a wp. Thailand don't need them and they give other farangs bad reputation. 

Archived