Big News At Jomtien Immigration?

On another board, there was a post today that if true might mean very big news for those of us on retirement visas.

I am very skeptical about the details of this, but if true, this deserves the light of thaivisa.

I cannot post the exact post from another board, so I will detail the gist of it:

1. 12 Special Immigration Agents arrived at Jomtien immigration. The same special unit that did the bar raids some weeks back demanding people carry original passports.

2. They acted very rude and aggressive.

3. They demanded that retirement visa applicants show their bank books, and announced in bad English, that now YOU MUST HAVE OVER 800K baht in your bank book ALL YEAR ROUND, as opposed to three months before extension application.

4. They said that everyone must now show proof of criminal clearance to obtain retirement extensions.

Obviously, points 3 and 4 are huge news if true, and if this really is the first sign of yet another immigration SUPRISE.

Now, I am only the messenger, so direct your ire somewhere else.

What does anyone really KNOW about all this?

I can understand your skepticism.

If I understand this, these "Special Immigration Agents" invaded the premises of the Immigrations Police, implying they don't trust them to do their jobs? :o

I’d say somebody was trolling in the other place. Perhaps best not to bring it over to our more orderly ThaiVisa. I just can’t imaging that changes in Immigration policy would be announced in such fashion.

--

Maestro