Pattaya: Immigration swoop at apartment of UK over-stayer

webfact

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

Less than a month overstay isn't even a banning offense.

Think he can come straight back if it's less than 3 months.

Be careful! Here you might become the headline of the day if you forget TM30. It's for sure not the fault of the immigration but rather of the newspapers. They know that with such a topic they will get many clicks from foreigners. If they report Thai x was driving without a lisence nobody would care. 

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Beggar said:

Be careful! Here you might become the headline of the day if you forget TM30. It's for sure not the fault of the immigration but rather of the newspapers. They know that with such a topic they will get many clicks from foreigners. If they report Thai x was driving without a lisence nobody would care. 

I fully agree with you. That's where I say, you are slowly getting conditioned and brainwashed into something by reading too much into the news floods, and a lot of foreigners are starting to create strong opinions and even argue against each other now.

I think I'm slowly getting enough of this, so much of the same everyday now, maybe it's time for me to unsubscribe from the daily news notification/email. But that would a shame, because there are a lot of other good news items you need to be up to date on.

2 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Seems a lot of effort to get rid of someone that could just pay a small fine at the airport when leaving.  Must have been a very quiet day at the office, or looking for figure boost for the end of the month

He didn't want to leave. Why should they wait until people have hundreds or thousands days of overstay? 

1 hour ago, Yinn said:

It the English translation from Thai news. Dramatic 

Yinn can do another one for lovely feeling. 

A foreign gentlemen had overstay his visa by 26 days. So three kind immigration officer went to visit him. 

They knock the door, and wait for him to open. His thai boyfriend open.

They asked the English gentleman politely “What happen sir”

The England gentleman reply “oh, sorry, I was to lazy to get the visa”

Officer  “ oh, ok, the rules say you will have to go now” 

Gentleman “Yes, I know, I very sorry about that.”

Officer “ok, when you come next time, not forget to do correct visa next time” 

Not dramatic.

Very good!

But it doesn't fit in with the "whitey not welcome" narrative!

4 hours ago, colinneil said:

Shocking, thats what it is shocking, a contingent of immigration police swooping on that dastardly farang.

He should be hung, drawn, and quartered, for committing such a disgraceful deed.:cheesy:

You really think they are going to send one guy? plenty of violent criminal overstaying especially in pattaya who will do what ever it takes NOT to get arrested

think !

Just now, madmen said:

You really think they are going to send one guy? plenty of violent criminal overstaying especially in pattaya who will do what ever it takes NOT to get arrested

think !

That's for sure, could be like the German guy just done for having a couple of hand guns!

12 minutes ago, shy coconut said:

Very good!

But it doesn't fit in with the "whitey not welcome" narrative!

Only the whitey (some) imagine that.

Thai people control Thailand. If thai people not want whitey in Thailand, we will do that. Sure.

But we not do it.

Welcome to Thailand. Enjoy your stay. (Just get the visa, will be ok)

1 hour ago, transam said:

I find it odd, but somewhat amusing, that a few folk on here openly want to bury a farang for being a few days/weeks outside his visa... Very strange indeed....????

Name one country where you can overstay visa without a penalty and possible deportation?

3 hours ago, johnsmith8888 said:

I've said this forever, they want whitey out so that the west doesn't invade to protect its citizens when the military clamp down. Now I'm in vietnam and it seems better here. 

3 hours ago, Bournville said:

26 days? A "swoop". Is that like a SWAT team assault? Geeez. 26 days... Yes it's wrong... But... 26 days and a "swoop" 5555. 

3 hours ago, Sticky Wicket said:

They don't want the 'whitey's poisoning the minds of the Thais with the TRUTH about what is really going on here

The Indians and Chinese don't give a fig about such matters

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

I'm under the impression it's more they don't want us here reporting home when the ethnic cleansing (ala Pol Pot) starts.

I've read some very disturbing items about Thailand published in other Asian countries, it's not just 'whitey' thinking there may be trouble ahead.

(sorry, I wouldn't be allowed to link to or even retype the details)

Oh the drama. Just a overstay.

i think some people watch movie to much.

SWAT, invasion, Pol pot, poison.

Run, quickly run! Go, go go! 

51 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Seems a lot of effort to get rid of someone that could just pay a small fine at the airport when leaving.  Must have been a very quiet day at the office, or looking for figure boost for the end of the month

Contingents day out?

1 hour ago, transam said:

I find it odd, but somewhat amusing, that a few folk on here openly want to bury a farang for being a few days/weeks outside his visa... Very strange indeed....????

Why is it strange? Perhaps he was working illegally. Perhaps he was going to stay here forever.

If I still lived in the UK (God forbid) and I knew that someone was an 'overstay' then I would certainly dob them in. Even if there was no reward for me. (In Thailand there is a reward for reporting illegals. The police have to respond as the 'snitch' will demand their money.)

4 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

In Thailand there is a reward for reporting illegals. The police have to respond as the 'snitch' will demand their money.)

Probably his girlfriend who also hid his bank card before they took him away. Double kerching!

Never be a kee neow with your Thai girlfriend.

8 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

Why is it strange? Perhaps he was working illegally. Perhaps he was going to stay here forever.

If I still lived in the UK (God forbid) and I knew that someone was an 'overstay' then I would certainly dob them in. Even if there was no reward for me. (In Thailand there is a reward for reporting illegals. The police have to respond as the 'snitch' will demand their money.)

So you state you would be a grass regarding petty stuff. Hmmmm, you also post with a lot "perhaps". Hmmmm...????

2 hours ago, transam said:

Not at all strange, look at any repressive society now and throughout history

there's always a cadre of hand wringers proclaiming their compliance and support

in the vain hope of being overlooked in future ????

Archived