Pattaya: Immigration swoop at apartment of UK over-stayer

webfact

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ezzra said:

It's sad to see what Thailand have become with theses stories of 'raids, busts and swooping' on people 

It the English translation from Thai news. Dramatic 

Yinn can do another one for lovely feeling. 

A foreign gentlemen had overstay his visa by 26 days. So three kind immigration officer went to visit him. 

They knock the door, and wait for him to open. His thai boyfriend open.

They asked the English gentleman politely “What happen sir”

The England gentleman reply “oh, sorry, I was to lazy to get the visa”

Officer  “ oh, ok, the rules say you will have to go now” 

Gentleman “Yes, I know, I very sorry about that.”

Officer “ok, when you come next time, not forget to do correct visa next time” 

Not dramatic.

47 minutes ago, johnsmith8888 said:

I've said this forever, they want whitey out so that the west doesn't invade to protect its citizens when the military clamp down. Now I'm in vietnam and it seems better here. 

Oh dear, when is the clamp down, and who is planning to invade?

Not every process is supporting your conspiracy theory. In this case, they just found an overstayer and treated him according to the law. Often, police and immigration does not succeed in their efforts, here they did. Job well done, even though with a much inflated workforce.

Good for you when your happier in Vietnam.

2 hours ago, Sticky Wicket said:

A contingent of immigration?? What the <deleted>!!

Treated like a criminal over 26 days.

Disgraceful stuff

Why is it disgraceful? You do not understand that it´s the man from the UK that engage in disgraceful behaviour when not taking care of his life and staying in Thailand without a permission to stay?

Targeted like a criminal? He put the target on himself, right? The immigration police was only oding their work.

Now everybody else can take notice of this and what happens. Just for beeing ignorant and overstay, he will for only 26 days get a ban for 5 years.

He had choices. He could have scraped togheter money if that was the problem, before his visa expired, and payed a possible overstay at the airport and flewn home without any ban. He could have reported himself and only got 1 year ban if exceeding the 90 days limit before clearing up a possibility to go home. 

Instead he chosed to take a chance, and now have to face the consequences of his stupidity.

35 minutes ago, Somtamnication said:

GF must have gotten <deleted> and called. 26 days is nothing.

Have you ever considered that they are getting better at using computers and develop the system?

1 hour ago, johnsmith8888 said:

I've said this forever, they want whitey out so that the west doesn't invade to protect its citizens when the military clamp down. Now I'm in vietnam and it seems better here. 

No they do not. They want everybody that do not take care of their papers, follow the law and have a valid permission to stay out.

3 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Have you ever considered that they are getting better at using computers and develop the system?

Sure thing the systems are better now.

But I would say, foremost, they started looking at it now and act swiftly.

3 hours ago, essox essox said:

could have chkd computer records then busted him ?????

If it worked like that and they had the collective wit to orchestrate it then they would be  catching them in shoals. 

No I'll wager another naive loose tongue  grassed up in the Land of Snitches .

I'm under the impression it's more they don't want us here reporting home when the ethnic cleansing (ala Pol Pot) starts.

I've read some very disturbing items about Thailand published in other Asian countries, it's not just 'whitey' thinking there may be trouble ahead.

(sorry, I wouldn't be allowed to link to or even retype the details)

They want criminals out (not 'whitey') and just try being an overstay in Vietnam! You may wish that you were back in Thailand

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I'm under the impression it's more they don't want us here reporting home when the ethnic cleansing (ala Pol Pot) starts.

I've read some very disturbing items about Thailand published in other Asian countries.

(which I wouldn't be allowed to link to or even retype the details)

Yeh I'm out of here as soon as I get my daughter's docs finished and sole custody.

It's been a real (and expensive) pain to do but I'm not far off now.

Should be done by early next year and then offfffffffffffffffffffff

3 hours ago, colinneil said:

Shocking, thats what it is shocking, a contingent of immigration police swooping on that dastardly farang.

He should be hung, drawn, and quartered, for committing such a disgraceful deed.:cheesy:

26 days a 24 hours is 624 hours of overstay. They should shoot him, then hang him and stone him afterwards. 

Let's call it a short time overstay, okay? ????????????

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

Never seen a person on overstay in the UK seized by a 20 person police raid, then made into a major news story.

I don't know the reason but perhaps they don't find many and are happy if they find one. They also report here small accidents, small crimes and many other things you wouldn't find in Western news. 

1 minute ago, Beggar said:

I don't know the reason but perhaps they don't find many and are happy if they find one. They also report here small accidents, small crimes and many other things you wouldn't find in Western news. 

Less than a month overstay isn't even a banning offense.

Think he can come straight back if it's less than 3 months.

Archived