Pattaya: Immigration swoop at apartment of UK over-stayer

webfact

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This should be made into a movie like Thai cave rescue! I even have the title,... Swooped! A thai police drama with the backstory. ???? The dramatic climax being when they swoop in and apprehend the dangerous UK national, foreign criminal, wasting money in Thailand, who fell in love with a lady-boy, from the perspective of the local garbage truck driver's wife, who sells noodles on the corner while her 30 year old son plays games on the phone all day and sleeps on the floor next to the bed.???? It'll be a hit! ????

9 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Why is it disgraceful? You do not understand that it´s the man from the UK that engage in disgraceful behaviour when not taking care of his life and staying in Thailand without a permission to stay?

Targeted like a criminal? He put the target on himself, right? The immigration police was only oding their work.

Now everybody else can take notice of this and what happens. Just for beeing ignorant and overstay, he will for only 26 days get a ban for 5 years.

He had choices. He could have scraped togheter money if that was the problem, before his visa expired, and payed a possible overstay at the airport and flewn home without any ban. He could have reported himself and only got 1 year ban if exceeding the 90 days limit before clearing up a possibility to go home. 

Instead he chosed to take a chance, and now have to face the consequences of his stupidity.

I am reassured, seeing no acid comment of you about an overstay I was afraid you're being ill.????

12 hours ago, colinneil said:

Shocking, thats what it is shocking, a contingent of immigration police swooping on that dastardly farang.

He should be hung, drawn, and quartered, for committing such a disgraceful deed.:cheesy:

And then blacklisted for ten years.

15 minutes ago, RyanWalker said:

Depends from person to person imo. I overstayed for 3 years. Paid 20k and left. Then came back 3 days later on the 30 day entrance visa. Extended it for another 30 days and I got 7 more SETV after that. So I think every individual case is handled different.

But that surely happened a few years before the 'dot dot dot' came to powers. Just go to the airport and pay your way out. No one cared. Don't do this today! Well, do it, better than getting caught actually. But these times are over!

And that's the whole point of this discussion. Where it came from and why it is today as it is.

i.e. a few years back, Oil & Gas workers on a 28 day rotation, could come in back to back, endlessly, no problem. No one cared.

And slowly, bit by bit, it all got screwed down ... and it still is going on as of today. 

Last year it was marriage extensions getting an immi visit, today it could be your retirement extension too.

Then its O-A today only, then this or that ... and on and on and more and more ... no one can say what it's going to be tomorrow.

What's the trend?

12 hours ago, colinneil said:

Shocking, thats what it is shocking, a contingent of immigration police swooping on that dastardly farang.

He should be hung, drawn, and quartered, for committing such a disgraceful deed.:cheesy:

Police do not know what kind a person this UKér is. So they take no chance to only send 1 or 2 for make the arrest.

The visa law counting for all. 26 days overstay is a crime. The UKér has been illegal person in Thailand. Sad to say.

Plain clothes?

Taking such important work way to casual me thinks.

Maybe they could recruit ThaiVisa members.

Where are all those Yankee, ex military, commando, special ops, A team guys we read about?

A free tourist police uniform and a shiny badge would be all they need.

Sure they would do it for the love of it and the Thais could keep the fines

images.jpeg.jpg

2 minutes ago, ujayujay said:

Overstay a Visa is a criminal act, also in your homecountry, so, whats your Poblem!?

It's amazing, you didn't read through the thread as of why people post their opinions?

Just threw in the 'same in your home country' post?

ujayujay ... when was the last time you saw in your home country, where ever that is, someone making the headline news for a 26 day overstay?

10 minutes ago, 4675636b596f75 said:

Slow news day?

At first it looks like it, but then actually, no  ???? 

I know it all sounds like casual ... but it's 26 days until catch, it's not a slow day. It's a min. benchmark

People will refer to this in the coming weeks and compare when more and all the other ones come up, day after day.

Min overstay, max overstay ????

23 minutes ago, 4675636b596f75 said:

Swoop.

Crackdown.

Do any of you take offense of these childish words used on your behalf?

No. Bored, yes, but it's the price you pay for a bit of "colour" in your news reporting. It's also the price you pay for not paying for your news reporting - amateurs in the kitchen. 

2 hours ago, beowolf2012 said:

Police do not know what kind a person this UKér is. So they take no chance to only send 1 or 2 for make the arrest.

The visa law counting for all. 26 days overstay is a crime. The UKér has been illegal person in Thailand. Sad to say.

Why would immigration look for a 26 days overstayer? There must be another reason for the raid.

32 minutes ago, Dexlowe said:

No. Bored, yes, but it's the price you pay for a bit of "colour" in your news reporting. It's also the price you pay for not paying for your news reporting - amateurs in the kitchen. 

The news reports comes from The Nation or The Thaiger. They always blows everything up. Even the most trivial thing. And you never know if they are correct.

13 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Why is it disgraceful? You do not understand that it´s the man from the UK that engage in disgraceful behaviour when not taking care of his life and staying in Thailand without a permission to stay?

Targeted like a criminal? He put the target on himself, right? The immigration police was only oding their work.

Now everybody else can take notice of this and what happens. Just for beeing ignorant and overstay, he will for only 26 days get a ban for 5 years.

He had choices. He could have scraped togheter money if that was the problem, before his visa expired, and payed a possible overstay at the airport and flewn home without any ban. He could have reported himself and only got 1 year ban if exceeding the 90 days limit before clearing up a possibility to go home. 

Instead he chosed to take a chance, and now have to face the consequences of his stupidity.

Strange that such a stickler for the rules as you was posting recently about how you built most of your house yourself in Thailand. What work permit allows you to do that then...?  

I agree here that the guy is a fool but a 26 day overstay prompting this reaction - really? Your persisent bile on this forum is a total PITA from my perspective. 

They publish it because you'll read it and then comment to 12 pages so far about a matter that almost everyone agrees is trivial. Ever had the feeling you've been had?

You click on it, not them.

Name the three trigger subjects here on TV. I can and if I can anyone can, and they generate hundred of clicks. Throw the corn and the chickens will peck.

Cluck, cluck, cluck. ????

18 hours ago, colinneil said:

remember midnight express when the guard took that guy upstairs into the atrium?

5 hours ago, MarkyM3 said:

Strange that such a stickler for the rules as you was posting recently about how you built most of your house yourself in Thailand. What work permit allows you to do that then...?  

I agree here that the guy is a fool but a 26 day overstay prompting this reaction - really? Your persisent bile on this forum is a total PITA from my perspective. 

Same simple thing as the exception that families in Thailand are allowed to create a life for themselfs. They just don´t care about ti as long as I do not start to build houses in a bigger scale and sell them. Even they, most of them, know that the laws are too stringent.

Same simple thing as many foreigners say that they lose their house and car, and they have been cheated by their Thai girlfriend or wife all the time. The only thing they wanted was all the things, then they got boosted and know stand with nothing. Also noit true at all if you study the laws, bewfore you do something stupid.

However, live with your belief and continur be scared of doing ordinary things in life in Thailand. I hope you get much pleasure out of that, but there is no reason to be scared of everything. And, also, the more of the foreigners that comes to Thailand and take care of their visas and also take a stance against people that do not do that. Then they will get up their eyes for that most of us really wants to live in piece and just use our money as well as have a nice life in Thailand.

when will the shoot to kill, dead or alive law be introduced for these serious criminals!!

26days is inexcusable. What was he thinking maybe 27 or 28 before heading back. Please hang the guy immediately!! we cant live in a world with such vile people.

why cant farang be more like good thai citizens like the whole police force, all government officials and so on who are clearly not criminals at all...

????????

its been a few years since reporting various crimes in my neighbourhood like stealing of land by officials and what not. Still nothing... i guess if its over 26days no action is taken? funny how petty crimes are sensationalized but ALL thai crime seems to be swept under the carpet.. Not a normal or safe travel destination.

Archived