Bangkok Bank International Money Transfer Problem?

2 hours ago, problemfarang said:

UPDATE:

hi guys, here is the update of my original post:

I have received the transfer finally, 9 days later from the date it transferred. I was on my way to BB then suddenly i got a text telling me its in my account. So i think it was only matter of.. time and waiting. Thanks for all the posts and comments.

Although my brother send me 110 pounds, I got 2330 baht. when we change it to thai baht its around 4272 baht. And i got only almost half of it. Wow.. great.. thanks banks! And the second thing is i had to wait for 9 days! Krungthai cuts only 600-800 baht one time and have to wait 3 days. Well... no need to say more.

I also think i have to point out few things here. First of all i called all 3 banks, sender (bank in turkey) - middle bank (BB in london) and BB in bangkok (main HQ)

- BB in Bangkok confirmed me there is no way the money could be in my account in the same day or the other day if its transferred via online banking. So i don't know how some people got it in the same day or the next day as they mentioned... hmm. They told me it takes 2 days if someone go to the branch personally. 

- It's very clear that the sender bank in turkey did its job pretty good. The money was in the BB in london the next day afternoon after it's transferred online. They have all the paper work to show that. So it took their one and a half day to transfer it to BB london.

- BB in london told me that, they had to wait for the long queue due to many ppl transferring money to thailand for their retirement visas or likewise. So it took their almost a week for my transaction. they apologized for that. And they told me there is no other middle bank if the money is coming from turkey. So it's not which way turkish bank choose to send, its how BB works. Any transactions from turkey directly goes to BB london.

- BB in bangkok put the money in 1 hour after it arrives here. or whatever left from the money if i should say, lol

well, that was it. Thanks again

Bangkok Bank in Thailand charged you 200 baht for receiving that sum. That's all. Where the rest of the money went,ask the sending bank. 

A normal swift transfer bank to bank usually takes 3 banking days, unless you want an Express transfer, then the money will arrive in 24 hours. But,then you pay a much higher fee. Don't blame BB when you transfer money from a bank in Turkey which is routing the money through several banks. Every bank takes a cut of the money. Start using TransferWise, they won't rob you blind and you'll get your money within hours up to 24 hours. Just google it, register and then you're good to go. Turkish Lira is one of the sending currencies. You need an account in Turkey and a Thai bank account, that's all.

On 11/27/2019 at 3:11 PM, The Fat Controller said:

I have just done my first transfer using TRANSFERWISE.

£1000 from a UK bank to Transferwise by faster payment at 1544 Tuesday, rate was 38.8814, fee was £7.

Funds credited to Bangkok Bank at 1400 Wednesday.

thnx for the info