Forum maintenance tonight from approx. 11pm - 1.30am ×

UK Labour Leader Corbyn: I would stay neutral in a second Brexit referendum

rooster59

2 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

jam today though! Jam today ! For tomorrow we may be dead. 

Billionaires , hedge fund managers , dodgy money oligarchs ,  Eton toffs , Royal Family trebles all round. The big pay day cometh for those that haveth. Anyway as we all know now, if we have eyes to see Johnson will win, there will be a short lived pound bounce before the grim reality of where we are sets in , and your pensions will stay in the permafrost. 

By the end of next year barring a baht devaluation we will be lucky to get 35 , money grabbing remainer that I am oh and Brexit won't be done as we need a FTA ,  so uncertainty continues until the end of the year when either he accepts a shotgun FTA from the Eu or we no deal again. I'm betting on the Boris bounce for a big sterling transfer and then I'"m done.  Thanks to all you cap doffers and crawlers I can take my profits without having to hold my nose and dirty my hands voting for the Great Liar.  For that small mercy I must be grateful. 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2019/09/03/corbyn-better-no-deal-brexit-say-investment-banks-anti-capitalist/

You can see why Gove and Johnson are so keen to sell the line that they will “get Brexit done” and “take back control” in a matter of months. They must pretend it will be easy to take the UK out of the EU in January and then negotiate a trade deal with Brussels by the end of 2020. While we wait for the negotiations to end, Britain will be subject to EU rules, pay the EU money and accept the free movement of EU citizens to Britain and vice versa. It will seem as if there is no point in leaving

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/nov/23/in-his-deceit-and-cynicism-michael-gove-is-the-embodiment-of-the-age

I have  feeling  that you  are  quite right in assessment. But  not in  isolation of  events purely related  to the UK  and Brexit . There are  other  political ructions developing  which even in the  most promising expectations  of  the UK  should  Brexit eventuate that will impact on  the  medium term of  conditions in  viable economic sustainment let alone expansion.

Global political and economic shifts will soon eventuate into a triangular form of influence where the  points of that triangle will be  not  dis similar  to a triad organization due to the devolution of /in the fallacy of assumed  superiority  of   "democratic" principles touted as  being preserved or expanded.

The  world now  sits on the cusp of some  incredibly significant changes which in outcome have variables ascribed to representation by the naivety of faith in  populist "democracy" no less than that commanded  by those deemed to be self appointed dictators .

To the burgeoning  masses who are victim regardless of  methodology in acquisition of regime it  can only be hoped that greater principles of humanitarian consideration prevail in place of simple greed.

If not the triangle will flop side to side while  the lessers of it will suffer in the base of it  in the company

of those  in the base of it who are  unable or unwilling to  subscribe to the disputable greater sanctuary of the other  two sides.

Apathy is the bane of humanity. It costs the  community.

That is  why there is a preference for  non compulsory voting.

No "democratic" regime wants  to insist on it  if it does  not already  exist  for  fear of a negative retaliation by voters. If it were so  consider  how/if it would  change the  face of  "democratic" representation.

Such as "Brexit".

Admittedly  recent examples in such as  Australia which has in essence compulsory  voting  yet has an  unenviable history of political corruption and  distortions may not indicate any advantage but that may be because it  mimics the US in regime  format despite having a  fraction of  the population that does  not really require such layered representation. Nor  does it have  the  incredibly  dubious  protections  of a/the  written "Constitution" that is  being denied in essence in the  US.

I have always  found it  strange that the  declared principles of political regimes  are  declared to  be  based  on the provision of egalitarian rights yet historically  become the dictate of the rich and  thus  powerful. Familial or not the "family" of  those in such positions  contrive directly or indirectly   to same  effect. There is  no "democracy" other than the  illusion promoted  in the  fantasy  of it.

Brexit  or  no Brexit  the UK  has positioned itself  in the  base of the pyramid and will  rattle  about for  a long time to come.

Please  note....IMPO

Archived