Best/cheapest way from Pattaya airport to Sukhumvit in Bkk

Khon Kaen Jeff

A number of posts have been removed at the posters request, as he did not realise that it was Pattaya (U-Tapao) airport being discussed.

Replies to the mistaken information have also been removed.

The poster sends his apologies for thinking it was Suvarnabhumi being discussed.

For the OP, transport from U-Tapao last time I used it was a mess and horribly overpriced.

I would recommend booking a personal taxi in advance, which will make the journey smooth and stress free.

I will send you a personal message with details of a good firm for you to use.

I once took a minibus from Pattaya to BKK.  My travellng companion thought it would be the cheapest option. Never again! The under-powered minibus would get into the outside lane of the highway, and be tail-gating everything in front of it in order to keep its speed up.  You can be sure the brakes were not good enough for this risky manoeuvre!

For pretty much the whole journey, I felt that my life hung in the balance.

My advice to the OP - weigh up your options carefully. Your life is worth more than saving a few baht on the cheapest form of transport available.

47 minutes ago, allanos said:

I once took a minibus from Pattaya to BKK.  My travellng companion thought it would be the cheapest option. Never again! The under-powered minibus would get into the outside lane of the highway, and be tail-gating everything in front of it in order to keep its speed up.  You can be sure the brakes were not good enough for this risky manoeuvre!

My advice to the OP - weigh up your options carefully. Your life is worth more than saving a few baht on the cheapest form of transport available.

The buses from North Pattaya bus station are big coaches, much safer than minibuses and drive carefully

6 hours ago, theoldgit said:

Certainly the taxi is best option, but another decent option would be the 150 Baht mini bus, mentioned above, to the Pattaya Bus Station and then the bus to Ekkamai, which is next to the Ekkamai BTS on Sukhumvit.

That would depend on the route the minibus takes. There is the option of the minibus to Chonburi and coming up the 331 would be an awful lot quicker than going via Pattaya. You can get a bus from Chonburi to Ekamai, 74 baht if I remember right and leaves from the Eastern Hotel.

There is another service, I think 10am to 3pm, that stops at the Eastern heading for Ekamai that charges 100 baht, so you have a bus about every half hour in that period.

Taxi from Utapao to Pattaya Nua Bus station.  134 baht bus to Ekamai bangkok bus station.  Walk across the street and take the BTS Sky train to the Rail Link station that runs right into the BKK Suvi airport.

Or take taxi from Utapao again to Pattaya North Bus station.  Book and take Bell Bus private bus directly to BKK airport.  You can book Bell online, or buy ticket in person and usually get on the next bus

6 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

The buses from North Pattaya bus station are big coaches, much safer than minibuses and drive carefully

The mini uses are nothing short of a death wish, packed like sardines and stopping many times along the way. 

The buses are great, I get my own seat, comfortable and much safer.

7 hours ago, sandyf said:

That would depend on the route the minibus takes. There is the option of the minibus to Chonburi and coming up the 331 would be an awful lot quicker than going via Pattaya. You can get a bus from Chonburi to Ekamai, 74 baht if I remember right and leaves from the Eastern Hotel.

There is another service, I think 10am to 3pm, that stops at the Eastern heading for Ekamai that charges 100 baht, so you have a bus about every half hour in that period.

Avoid the 331, major road works been going on for over a year and don't look like finishing for at least 6 months

7 hours ago, fulhamster said:

Avoid the 331, major road works been going on for over a year and don't look like finishing for at least 6 months

Where exactly.... that road is pretty new as it is? With Hwy 36 also under major construction things are getting tough. 

10 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

Taxi from Utapao to Pattaya Nua Bus station.  134 baht bus to Ekamai bangkok bus station.  Walk across the street and take the BTS Sky train to the Rail Link station that runs right into the BKK Suvi airport.

Or take taxi from Utapao again to Pattaya North Bus station.  Book and take Bell Bus private bus directly to BKK airport.  You can book Bell online, or buy ticket in person and usually get on the next bus

Thanks for all your incredible insight and wisdom but I never said I want to go to bkk airport.

I was asking specifically how to get from Pattaya airport to Bkk as I have never been to that airport before, I'm fully aware that buses from North Pattaya go to bkk, I haven't just got off a boat.

11 hours ago, fulhamster said:

You are entitled to your opinion.

It is about one and a half hours from U-Tapao to Chonburi via the 331 and about two and a half via Pattaya if the traffic is not too bad, but it can get very congested between Sattahip and Pattaya.

Only ever seen light traffic on the 331 and last time I went the roadworks weren't much of a hold up. I live on the outskirts of Chonburi near the 344 so I wouldn't use the No 7, but the fastest route is the 331 to the 36 and then pick up the No 7. I can't remember which side of the 36 the roadworks are on but fairly sure that is the route the minibus would use.

Every chance they can get to Chonburi quicker than Pattaya bus station.

On 11/25/2019 at 2:36 PM, allanos said:

Slipstreaming to save gas/petrol. It's something Vettel does.

Archived