Tourists flock to Bang Saen Beach to see rare clear water

webfact

1 hour ago, webfact said:

A tourist said she had never seen such a clean beach and clear sea at Bang Saen before, while a Somtam salad vendor said she hoped the sea stayed clear like this, as all her spicy salad was sold out thanks to the tourists who appeared in droves.

Needless to inquire in what sort of containers the vendor sold her som tam.

And as per the quoted tourist: Has she never before been at Bang Saen beach during winter? After all...

1 hour ago, webfact said:

When winter arrives, breeze normally pushes garbage away from the shore, making the water clear until the beginning of the next year.

It's all still there. It's just floating a little further out at sea. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 248900_1469958220 said:

That is true BUT too many do!!! If you compare this country to Australia, England....Japan...need I continue?? There IS a problem here! 

Thailand is too developed to have this problem. They should have been able to deal with garbage and litter a decade ago. 

I suppose we could be thankful that Thailand isn’t a dirty as Cambodia. But I would wager Cambodia will clean up before Thailand.

4 hours ago, 248900_1469958220 said:

That is true BUT too many do!!! If you compare this country to Australia, England....Japan...need I continue?? There IS a problem here! 

Exsqueeze me Mr 248 etc etc, the UK has just accepted the return of 42 containers of plastic waste sent to Malaysia. Here in Thailand, my garbage is collected everyday - in the UK maybe once a week or once a fortnight and that depends if you have separated it into its correct categories. Here in Thailand, we get paid for our recyclable waste, in UK - nope. Rubbish on beaches and fly-tipping is very much not just an issue in Thailand, it is very much a worldwide issue, including the countries that you mention...need I continue??

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Toadie said:

Uhmm... and what do these clean countries do with their rubbish?

Ship it to 3rd world countries. 

Please don't litter but just offload these ships so we can get another load...

Thais are pretty <deleted> at taking care of their IMMEDIATE environment. People DO carelessly throw rubbish onto the street, into the klong....etc etc here. As to the rubbish from Western countries, and where it ends up ,you are right its a big problem. 

go into the mountains, walk anywhere actually....you will see trash.  after years your mind gets used to seeing just a little trash here and there.....but it's everywhere.  clean is now relative.  yea, it's pretty bad.  then you have the smoke, chemicals, car pollution....it adds up.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Chang_paarp said:

That will fix the clean beach and water as the visitors will leave rubbish all over the beach that will be blown into the water.

Yeh it's the culture of taking huge amounts of food and drink to the beach.

If you go to most European beaches nobody does that

Add a bit of laziness and wind and you have filthy beaches

• Like 1

9 hours ago, marf said:

Why would anyone swim in the sea anywhere near Chonburi or indeed anywhere around/north of Pattaya?

Or anywhere near Thailand for that matter. First clean beaches seem to be at Maldives. Maybe there are a few in southern Myanmar - won't be long before they too are gone. Just too many people with polluting habits.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’m an Aussie n Aussies treat their country appallingly regarding garbage, and many other forms of pollution!

the general apathy in Aussie about environmental impact of our behaviours is atrocious., illegal dumping, individual

and business pollution, disregard for legislation to protect, throwing <deleted> out car windows, eating take out n dropping it where people eat, refusal To embrace changes ... a great example of what Aussies are really like at a national level was the blowback and blatant  agro against major retailers not giving out free gross plastic shopping bags.

our rivers are screwed by water being stolen and sleezily taken out of rivers by farming and business concerns to make money with no regard for the environment.

thais are not different from most other countries on the planet we all are turning our world into one spherical cesspit.

16 hours ago, 248900_1469958220 said:

Thais are pretty <deleted> at taking care of their IMMEDIATE environment. People DO carelessly throw rubbish onto the street, into the klong....etc etc here. As to the rubbish from Western countries, and where it ends up ,you are right its a big problem. 

True ! just look at places where they live...

13 hours ago, Tropposurfer said:

I’m an Aussie n Aussies treat their country appallingly regarding garbage, and many other forms of pollution!

the general apathy in Aussie about environmental impact of our behaviours is atrocious., illegal dumping, individual

and business pollution, disregard for legislation to protect, throwing <deleted> out car windows, eating take out n dropping it where people eat, refusal To embrace changes ... a great example of what Aussies are really like at a national level was the blowback and blatant  agro against major retailers not giving out free gross plastic shopping bags.

our rivers are screwed by water being stolen and sleezily taken out of rivers by farming and business concerns to make money with no regard for the environment.

thais are not different from most other countries on the planet we all are turning our world into one spherical cesspit.

There was-and remains-very little blowback against anyone about the decreased use of plastic bags in Australia as you merely bring your own or purchase one for 15 cents or thereabouts.

As for our (Aussie) trashed filled environment...it's hell but someone has to live here..????????

126.JPG

132.JPG

DSCN0789.JPG

DSCN0803.JPG

Edited by Odysseus123
  • Like 1