Visa denied, exempt as an alternative?

On 11/26/2019 at 1:26 PM, SteveK said:

Hate to say this but with all that history in the last year alone, you are sailing close to the wind.  You will probably then struggle to be allowed entry with another tourist visa or without. Are you eligible for a non-O?

Just as an update, I was able to get another SETV without any problems, no questions, no documents asked, no red stamps or warnings, worked like a charm both at the embassy and the border. However, in Vientiane they now don't refund denied applications, just as in Cambodia.

It also probably proves that there's no that rule of one visa in Laos within a 12 month period. Maybe they meant 1 visa per calendar year, however, since now it's 2020.

On 11/26/2019 at 4:49 PM, mockingbird said:

I wouldn't fancy your chances of getting another tourist visa anywhere in the region with your history. (I would say you have no chance in Laos)

As long as you haven't used up your 2 land border exemptions this year, then you should have no problem crossing from Laos on visa exemption. (Or most land borders for that matter)

An education visa is something you could look in to, as you haven't got one yet, but not cheap.

A new passport would give you a blank slate when it comes to obtaining visas in the region, but obviously not at immigration checkpoints.

Just for reference, it still worked and I got one, I was surprised. ????